• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is it about your fave bunny breed that attracts you?

kitschkitty

Mama Doe
Following on from the earlier thread I wondered what it is about your fave breeds that attract you?

I like dutch as they have fab markings and nice bunny ears (and great personality) and I like their size.

Rex have (obviously) stunning fur, and I love their face shape and build.

Belgian hares have stunning body shape and are unusual

I'm also starting to develop a bit of a thing for mini lops - I like the shape of their face/they have cute noses.

I think for me overall the thing I like is bunny ears, that's why I'm not a big nethie fan - they have very cute faces but their ears are so short! :lol: And lion heads are soo cute too, but they have triangular pointy ears!

I love traditional bunny ears!!!! :lol:

Dutch.

Small and cute, feel like a sack of spuds when you pick them up (or like a beanbag, all the weight falls to their bums!), intelligent and playful, very affectionate, and generally full of character.

I love them all!!!

Bunny butts rule! Poor Deej always has to put up with us stroking his fuzzy butt (though it's all moulting out at the moment)! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't have a favourite breed, I just have some favourite colours, and I prefer normal short fur and upright ears. I like bunnies with nice patterns, but there isn't one special combination that I like best. I've always had mixed breed bunnies and they were all adorable.

missblondebunny said:
Nethies :love: :love: :love:

Coz they're the smallest breed of bunny and i love their tiny ears and podgy looking body's :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote

I agree. I lurrve them. And I deffo. prefer uppy eared bunnies. But Porridge is my absolute fave bunny in the whole wide world!! :D :D :rabbit2:

ps sorry, don't think I've got the hang of QUOTE!!!

With me it's definitely meeting a nice example of the breed that sways me! :lol:

When I first saw a picture of a Nethie I just thought 'yuk' - I thought they had really funny little squashed up faces and weird ears :oops: Then recently I met one in the fur and now I reeeally waaaannntttt oneeeeee :lol:

I had the same thing with Rex bunnies, although I have yet to meet one in the fur :oops:

I love Rexes for their personality above their looks. No REALLY I do!!

There is just something about them that's hard to describe. Even my swearing Rex Hal, he grunts and growls until he knows its me as he is blind and his breeder used to hit him on the head and pick him up by the ears :x :cry:
I think I should have called Hal Mr Manning (as in Bernard) cos his language is TERRIBLE :shock: :roll: :lol:

Janex

I always had a thing for Dutch. Because of the markings, and their pretty faces. I also have a thing for all lops, and belgian hares. I have had nethies, but I prefer the big squdigy bums!

Their ears - thats why giants are a fave - more ears to love :wink: !

Next I love longer pointy noses and silky fur. I have another reason for preferring short hairs - my contact lenses are like bunny hair magnets!

Caz

Rexes- I love their fur and their cheeky, in-your-face characters.

Hotots - I love their striking looks.

Giants - their gentle giant personalities. :D

My favourite are dwarf lops because i have two and they look like teddy bears and they are placid and laid back. One of them is arffectionate.

I like lionheads because of the little tuft of hair on top of their heads and jersey woolies and hotots. Not sure about Continetal Giants though-their size is a bit scary for me but my boyfriend desparately wants one!!

I am definately a lionhead fan! I love their punky manes and fuzziness!

My most favourite bunny (looks-wise) ever was Floppet, a French Lop. I loved his huge feet and long, floppy ears!

favourite breed

Mines an english lop :) they look so silly with their stupid long ears that they are just endearing :) have great personalities too :)
Aslo love cashmere lops :) they have wonderful temprements and are so cute and cuddly :)

lops, i just love how the ears flop when they run, and how they dip the ends in the water bowl when they get overenthusiastic, and well i dont know, always loved lops. i also have a soft spot for giants with their enormous ears, i would love ot have one eventually!!!

Beverens for the beautiful blue colour (yes, I am truly shallow). I also like Polish as they look more in proportion then Nethies (sorry nethie fans). Orange rexes! And Opal giants (yep, that blue obsession again) :) There are so many goregous breeds and colours to love :) (goes to look in encyclopedia of rabbits and rodents to remind herself of some of the other breeds) I adore my 2 Lionheads Itchy and Scratchy. I love the look of up eared rabbits in preference to loppy ones.

Julie

lops, i just love how the ears flop when they run, and how they dip the ends in the water bowl when they get overenthusiastic, and well i dont know, always loved lops.
Ditto! :D

I like dutches and nethies and lionheads as well just cos they are so cute....
and I didnt know in dutches their weight fell to their back ends! - :lol: well that explains what issac is then! :lol:

What attracted me to nethies was the small size (I was just a child when I had my nethies) and the variety of colours that they came in. But they are such characters too. I didn't really have much say in my two new buns, as the person I rescued them from just turned up on my doorstep with them (although we chatted about them over the phone before hand). My two boys are both very beautiful and characterful in their own ways I wouldn't change them for any bun else! Taps has the most gorgeous face with his floppy ears and Gasket is cobby like a nethie but has nice big bunny ears and little tufts of fluff like a lionhead. Its Gasket's cheeky personality that really makes him really endearing though! :love:

I like rexes because Audrey is so wonderful :love:

I have never known another bunn like Audrey...she is a very confident, a fiesty madam and also so loving and gentle. She loves to groom my knees for me and puts her head on my leg so I can give her nose rubs :love: .

And then I met Rowan and he too had a fantastic personality :love:

Back