• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ebay rabbit - Chesterfield - LINK ADDED!

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
There is a hutch in Chesterfield advertised on Ebay. Contains a slightly cryptic message about 'optional rabbit'. I have emailed seller, and he/she confirms that rabbit can be purchased as an optional extra.

Please PM me if you can help, or want more details.

Regards

Amy

Agreed! Looks like a (badly) home-made hutch.

If we could organise transport from Chesterfield to you, would you be able to take the rabbit? Hutch would probably have to be smashed up.

I'm going to keep my eye on the ad. until something can be sorted out. The auction doesn't finish until 27th Feb. Hopefully they won't accept an offer before then.

Maybe. I am rehoming one bun Sat supposedly and one is coming in, then another arrives from a fosterer on Thursday but goes to his new home on Friday so I could take him on Sunday- providing 1. Codey has been rehomed, 2. The other ebay bun has gone to angie65 or 3. I have a confirmed foster space for him.

had a reply- whoever wins the hutch has the option of BUYING the rabbit when they collect the hutch. It is a little one year old black one with short ears.... Nethie I guess?

and male.

Starting price is 99p. No bids yet. Don't know how much he/she wants for the rabbit, but I'm guessing that it'll be free unless they've bought it a new hutch!

I can help with transport.

My family live in Chesterfield so I'm familar with the area and we are down there fairly regular.

Nicola

They wont contact me :( I had two messages and that was it...can anyone else try? I can send the email addy.

I'm trying to remain in contact with the seller, but I don't want to bombard them with emails. I'm planning to wait a while until nearer the end of the auction. If they still have no bids by then, they might be a bit more willing to negotiate.

Amy

Reporting it and getting it removed may spur her into contacting you- I will report it when I get the chance.

I contacted this seller with a polite email saying:

Hi
I hope you don't mind me emailing you, but I'm assuming by the wording of your item that you also have a rabbit available. Please can I encourage you to take your rabbit to a rescue centre where the rabbit can be rehomed to a new owner which has been checked. I think it might be risky to rehome via ebay, who knows what will happen to the rabbit. Alternatively there is a rabbit rehoming site called rabbitrehome where you can list your pet.
Thanks

I had this nice reply back:
Thank you Lian i have taken him off now...realizing what i have put...Thank you for your question....

Every time I have tried this approach the response is good so it sometimes pays to be less aggressive.

All i said was that i was more interested in having the rabbit than the hutch...but no reply :?

Back