• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My baby is not a happy bun :o((( any suggestions

thumperlop

Alpha Buck
Thumper was introduced to another bunny on Monday and at first all seemed to be going well - sniffing through the bars - munching on her fav foods whilst he was eating to. the next evening she went for him and then nipped me, scratched me and hissed at me :shock: I understand that this is all probably because she is jealous and sees me as hers and could smel him on me.

Also I was told that she sounds like she now is having rather a strop with me :cry: She is not eating properly at the moment and I am worried about her, makes you paranoid that something is really wrong. I gave her some cucumber which she ate slowly last night. I cleaned her hutch and put lovely frash hay inside and new pellets, fresh water etc then this morning she has not touched anything? I have just given her some fresh grass, carrot tops (only) and she has eaten than with me sat talking to her. She is weeing and poo'in (tho they seem smaller :? )

She let me groom her in her hutch this morning and came over and lowered her head so a spent a little while kissing her nose and having nose rubs :)

Any ideas? Should I take her to the vets or is she just having a little strop anyone experienced this before?

She just looks sooooooo sad :cry: :cry: :cry: i feel really bad :cry:

Hi thumperlop, although i cannot comment on whether thumper is ill or not, i went through exactly the same thing with Lily when i introduced her to Charlie, she bit me and had a right strop for a couple of days , not eating properly and sulking. I persevered and let them both out in the garden together and bonded very slowly (about two weeks :oops: ), i put them both back in their own sheds at night. Lily soon came round and started eating and stopped sulking and they are now bonded and living together in one shed. I hope thumper is ok and good luck with bonding :lol: Unalakey xx

If I were you I'd take her to the vets asap. If she's not eating then there's def a problem esp if you can't tempt her with her fav foods. Her poos are prob small due to the lack of food going through her tum.
It's always better to be safe than sorry i think.

Hope she feels better soon.x

Thank you for your replies;

I have booked her into the vets they can not see her until 5pm :? she is eating a little - some fresh grass and carrot tops but not her usual amounts. I just hope it is nothing serious and will be pleased if she is just having a grump with me; we can overcome that.

karen354 said:
Good luck at the vets hope shes okay...

Hi Karen

Thanks for your good wishes :) We're just back from the vets who said

a) Her teeth are fine - nothing to worry about

b) Her gut sounds are fine, feels fine

c) she passed a full check over without any concern

The vet gave her a pain killer and a stimulant so we are to see if she improves and after 24hrs starts again or picks up. If she starts not eating/drinking properly by saturday the vet told me to bring her in again as it may only be the meds working but she doubts it.....fingers & toes crossed.

Now she is home, she has hopped out of the carrier gave me a nudge, then promptly went into her hutch ate some corriandor, I picked some fresh grass she ate all that!! So we are hoping she is simply being grumpy with me :roll:

Glad everything went well in the vets :D ... It does sound like shes a little cross with you :lol: .. Bertie is grumpy with us if we have a lie in at the weekend he doesn't want to know us for the rest of the day :(
Over Christmas we had to set our alarm to get up at 7.30 as he sulked so bad the day before when we got up 9am :oops: :oops: naughty us..

:lol: :lol: the things our bunnies do :roll: I am just glad it is nothing serious, now i will watch her but she is free to be in a strop she my come round when I dont get upset by it - letting her think she is not winning and hopefully she will eat when I am not looking - camcorder now set up :lol:

Glad everythings ok, sending hugs to you and nose rubs to thumper :love: :love:

keep us posted on her progress :D :D :D

Thanks Ali :D :D

Pinch your bunny cam idea - well sort of, set up the camcorder to record for a bit to see what she is like when i am not about :lol: :lol:

Back