• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Made the Call - So Scared!!

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Well I have made that dreaded call to the vets and Twinkle is booked in for her spay on Monday 26th February. :cry: :cry:

You all know I have deliberated this for a few months now and am petrified of something going wrong. :( :(

Please send lots of vibes for me over the weekend, and then from Monday please be praying for Twinkle to make it through.

I have also arranged for her to have a thorough bottom clean and fur clip so that I can keep her clean now she is on a good diet.

Hi Donna. Believe me, I know and understand how you are feeling as I was exactly the same when I had Furby booked in. All I could think of was the nightmare Karen had with poor Molly. BUT .Furby was a text book example of a successful procedure. Absolutely no problems during or after, and there's no reason why Twinkle shouldn't be the same.

capel said:
Hi Donna. Believe me, I know and understand how you are feeling as I was exactly the same when I had Furby booked in. All I could think of was the nightmare Karen had with poor Molly. BUT .Furby was a text book example of a successful procedure. Absolutely no problems during or after, and there's no reason why Twinkle shouldn't be the same.

Thank you for your support. It is true Molly's story upset me so much that was when I decided I would never put my little girl through a spay.

I know its for the best - her health and her and Pickle's continued happiness (she annoys him at the moment as she is humping him and shredding stuff and making nesting material constantly).

I am just scared.

Hi, When Molly passed away I was so angry with myself for putting her through the spay when she was a happy healthy litte girl :(
But if i did have another female I would have her spayed, they really need to be done for health reasons and its not fair on them as the hormones are all over the place.. She'll be so much calmer when shes done..
You are doing the right thing and i will be sending very positive vibes for you little girl.
karen x

Aww, I know it's scary isn' it :( I lost my bun under GA (although he was already very poorly) and I was sooo scared about Jen's spay. However she came it through fine and was attempting to binky the evening after her op! :lol: Complications can happen but all in all they are very rare and most spays go ahead without any problems. I'll be thinking of you and your bunnies on Monday xx I hope the weekend isn't too stressful for you :(

I think you have done the right thing, even though its a worrying time. She will be fine and you wont have a stroppy teenager ! Sending lots of vibes xxx

Back