• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on Norman

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I have had a long chat with Christobel today. Norman is still on Frusemide (diuretic) and Panacur. His symptoms are reasonably well controlled but he still has the irregular heartbeat and increased respiration (although not as fast as before treatment)

If Norman were to be refered to Bristol Rabbit Clinic we estimate a Fee of at least £1000, money I'd willingly spend if I had it :( Norman is not insured......

We discussed the trial of a Beta Blocker drug to try to regulate his heartbeat BUT that would carry a great risk as we dont know the EXACT problem with his heart. Christobel is going to do some research over the weekend during which time Norman will remain on the Frusemide. It is likely that eventually the Frusemide will cease to be effective. Christobel and I agree that when that time looks near we try a Beta Blocker with the full knowledge of all the risks. At that stage there would be nothing to loose by trying as the alternative would be for Norman to be PTS.

Money may not buy happiness but it so often gives one more options.................

Janex

Vibes sent for Norman x

I wish I had an endless pot of money too - it would solve lots of problems. But we have to just do our best with what we have.

Hoping you are coping well too x

Back