• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Benji!!!!! update, HE'S OK

oh no.....poor Benji hope he is ok? (((HUGS))) xxxxx and healing vibes xxx let us know how u get on at the Vets Ali :love:

Just back from the vets, Benji is now on fluids and had a gut stimulent and is staying in over night , just had to take Bella in to to keep him company and all there things. I am absolutly guttered :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh Ali... :cry: :cry:

I'm so glad they let Bella go to be with Benji - I regret not pushing my vet to let Jen be with Harley when he was in overnight :( Bella will take care of him xx

Do they have any idea what is wrong? Is Benji dehydrated?

what do they think is wrong? does he have bloat or something like that? Im sure after having intensive treatment overnight and bella looking after him they will both be home really soon

She said he has a lot of gas, he is exactly the way Barney was, started going down hill from 2.15ish this afternoon

:( :( He's in the best possible hands - I'm sure once the gut stimulant gets working he'll start to pick up. I'm thinking of you - I love Benji and Bella (they are such a sweet pair) and I'm sending every spare vibe I have for a speedy recovery for your boy :love:

Ali said:
God why me what am I doing so wrong :cry: :cry: :cry:

I felt like that too, with my boys :( But you have to believe me that it's NOTHING that you have done wrong - rabbits are just wonderful but very fragile creatures :( xx

One thing the vet said was that I got him there quickly, so hopefully that a good thing :cry:

aaawww its not you Ali.. ive had a similar thing with all of mine at some point... at least he is getting fluids and therapy to help his guts get moving again.

He was fine this morning, it was only about 2.15ish this afternoon, and then when its carrot time at 3.00pm, he didnt even get out of the box he was sitting in, normaly he's climbing my legs to get the carrot from my hands

Back