• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny area...

bunny-mad

Mama Doe
We have been quite busy this weekend building a new bunny area for some foster bunnies for when we get back from holiday in April. I bought this hutch off eBay for £90, it's quite a good one and fits perfectly in this space next to Humphrey and Tilly's bunny shed. We have added some hinges to the bottom section and a hook so that it can be hooked open:

P1010004-1.jpg

P1010005.jpg

The bedding area:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/htrounce/P1010006.jpg

We've put up a fence so that the foster buns have their own little area, it even has a gate!

P1010003.jpg

P1010002.jpg

Most of this was hubbie's idea and he did most of the building, I was chief bunny-proofing adviser! :D Having this space means we can let the foster bunnies out to run around at the same time as the other bunnies, it is completely secure so everyone can have their turn in the garden. The space is about 20 square foot plus the hutch. All it needs now is some tennants :)

Excellent!! :thumb:

Will the Buns be out of the hutch in the enclosed area unsupervised? I am just wondering if that area needs a 'lid' so to speak. Cats and Foxes might find their way in otherwise

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Excellent!! :thumb:

Will the Buns be out of the hutch in the enclosed area unsupervised? I am just wondering if that area needs a 'lid' so to speak. Cats and Foxes might find their way in otherwise

Janex

Hi Jane, they weren't going to be but I have thought about adding a lid, however not quite sure how to construct this! Any ideas anyone? b-m

Back