• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Benji Off To The Vets

Benji&Evie

Warren Scout
Unfortunately Benji had a visit to the vets tonight. Although he has been his usual self hes been loosing weight even though hes eating.
bensm.jpg

Well, as I had suspected his back teeth have rubbed his mouth and although he is looking like hes enthusiasticly eating normally hes really only chewing the small pieces with his front teeth and not getting all the food he needs.

So he'll be at the vets all day tomorrow to go under anastethic and have his teeth filed and hopefully he will be back to his lil piggy self again soon. He loves his food so much hell prob have to go back on the burges light again when hes better :roll:

I will try not to worry about him, our vet is very good but I know I will worry :? . Hes my lil boy and so small. He normally only weighs 1.4kg (and thats usually a lil tubby) but was 0.98kg when weighed today :(

They offered to keep him in overnight but I couldnt bare to think of him in cold metal cube on his own over night unnecessarily. I wanted him to be home snuggled up with Evie and ill take him back in the morning.

Fingers crossed for my lil boy, hes so tiny bless him :love:
benboy4.jpg

Hehe thankyou, Ive not long been back from dropping him off :(
Have to give them a call at 2.30 to see how he is and if hes ready to come home :)

Well hes home, and pretty happy to be by the way he hopped in his cage to give Evie a cuddle :roll:

Hes had his teeth filed down and has some antibiotics for his shredded tongue but seems to be feeling ok now and our vet was lovely and charged me less than we were quoted again :D

Awww hes much better today, lapping up the science on his own and seems to be a lot more comfortable eating his pellets.
He certainly didnt seem to be in too much discomfort when offered a piece of cerial :lol:

He will prob need his teeth rasping every year or so but im a bit worried I wont know when untill he starts to loose weight.
Vet said look out for dribbling, wet chin or dropping food from his mouth but he doesnt do any of that and pretends to be eating enthusiastically when foods put in so ill have to keep a very close eye on the cheeky watsit lol

Hes a tough lad for being such a tiny bun bless him
Im just chuffed my lil boy is feeling better :D

Back