• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rosewood Pet Products

Hi Jane! Do you think they'd be good for helping teeth to wear down. Bit worried at moment because Poppy isn't eating so much hay. Any advice? Thanks!

minilops said:
Hi Jane! Do you think they'd be good for helping teeth to wear down. Bit worried at moment because Poppy isn't eating so much hay. Any advice? Thanks!

Not really as they are just treats. Have you tried Poppy with the dried grasses (Readigrass, Supa Forage etc) ? Grazing on fresh grass is the very best way for a Bun to maintain healthy dentition :D

Janex

Hi Jane! Thanks you for help, as usual. She doesn't seem to think much of the dried grasses either, but she does like fresh grass! - Is this as good for their teeth as hay, then? I wasn't sure if fresh grass was fibrous enough to wear down teeth, but that's great if you think it is. Can I ask you, Jane, is it OK to feed fresh, damp grass straight from the lawn? I was going to give Poppy some today, but the lawn was very wet. Does anyone else feed fresh grass? Thanks again, Jane, for your expertise! :D

minilops said:
Hi Jane! Thanks you for help, as usual. She doesn't seem to think much of the dried grasses either, but she does like fresh grass! - Is this as good for their teeth as hay, then? I wasn't sure if fresh grass was fibrous enough to wear down teeth, but that's great if you think it is. Can I ask you, Jane, is it OK to feed fresh, damp grass straight from the lawn? I was going to give Poppy some today, but the lawn was very wet. Does anyone else feed fresh grass? Thanks again, Jane, for your expertise! :D

As long as you dont feed grass CUTTINGS fresh grass is fine, wet or not (although avoid feeding it if its frost covered) If Buns graze for themself they go through all the 'natural' means of dental attrition. The pulling up of the grass, the chewing...etc....etc. I bet you'd be hard pushed to find a wild Bun with molar spurs!!

Hay, however good, is really second best to grazing on rough pasture

Janex

Brilliant, Jane! Thanks so much for putting my mind at rest...I'll be out pulling up grass first thing in the morning. Hope Ned is settled tonight.

Brilliant, Jane! Thanks so much for putting my mind at rest...I'll be out pulling up grass first thing in the morning. Hope Ned is settled tonight.

SarahP said:
They look great. Who sells them?

My local Pet Shop had a few samples in and yes, P@H sell them. If you go onto the Rosewood website there is a facility whereby you can obtain details of suppliers local to you :)

Janex

Back