• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feel sorry for Bertie now being a single bun.

karen354

Warren Veteran
As most of you know I got a beautiful mini lop from a rescue we called Molly.. We were bonding her with Bertie our housebun.
We had Molly spayed and she died 9 days after her spaying :( she had an infection right through her :cry: :cry:
I also now have my newly bonded pair that live outside in a poppy house and nice big enclosure. I see them together and think should I get a female bun for bertie to join him in the house....I put bertie in the outdoor run today he enjoyed himself but not like Fudge and Furby they have great fun.
I did try to bond Bertie and Molly before she was spayed and it ended up in a fight. It was my own fault I was silly to bond before she was spayed.
Bertie is a very spoilt boy and treated like a baby :lol: I am at home with him most of the time so he has lots of fuss and attention.
Do you think I should now leave him as a single housebun ?
karen x

Personally I would get a second bun but i think that would be for me as much as for the other bun! :lol: You can offer him so much, but are you really prepared to groom him? including the inside of his ears? :lol: Honestly, you have to do whats best for you and what you can cope with. some people can't cope with more than 1 bun,others have 100's! but there are sooooooooooooo many lovely buns looking for homes.... enjoy your decision, whatever it is! x Jess

If you can manage the potential vets bill for another bun, I'd definitely look for a lovely girlie for Bertie :love: :love:

(it's soooo much easier to make these decisions for other people :lol: :lol: )

Not sure if you've already tried this, but could you attempt to bond all three and they could live together outside?

If that isn't possible, I think if you can afford it, I would personally get another bun. It will keep her company and makes us humans feel less guilty! :lol:

:lol: :lol: I've met Bertie, and he's definitely an indoorsy mummy's boy!!! :lol: There must be a healthy, spayed female languishing in a rescue somewhere....just waiting for that special man to come along... :wink:

Back