• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Favourite Breed of Bun?

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
This will have been done before, but I'm bored at work :lol:

What is your favourite breed of bun & have you got one of them?

I've always been into lionheads & have 1 pure & 4 crosses.
but I keep seeing NZ whites at the min & think they are my new faves :D
- I have 1 of those :D

I have always had a thing for Dutch buns. Ever since my first rabbit, I kept promising myself one...and now I have the beautiful Flo. Now the ambition is a Frenchie and a Belgian Hare

Has to be a rex for me, I love the Rex's the bigger the better :lol:

here is my Vinnie

DSCN3528.jpg

Dutch buns-inparticular tri coloureds.

I have a Dutch but not a tri coloured one.... yet

They have great temperments, are fun and entertaining and so affectionate. They need lots of stimulation though.

I love loads of bunnies and my faves change all the time :oops: If I had to choose then generally I prefer uppy eared buns to lop eared and I luuurve fluffies :love: I have a bit of a soft spot for dutches developing though!

Overally though, it's always personality for me over breed - I'm just a sucker for a sweet natured bunny :love: :love:

I used to not have one, but then I met Chloes Beatles and my beloved Audrey so if i had to pick I would says rexes because I :love: Audrey soooo much :D
And Rowan was a wonderful bunny, he was very handsome and such a fantastic personality, so gentle and loving :love:

However, aside from my feelings on breeding in general, I also I think it is wrong to breed them because of their physical problems :( And that is true of many poor animals bred to look a certain way :(

Rexes everytime. Though I love my gorgeous Bournville just as much!! (in case he's learnt to read!!)

I am a lopaholic but I love dutch and rex and french and ... god I love them all but never seem to be able to resist a dwarf lop :)

Dutch and Rex! I also think Belgian hares are beautiful, but wouldn't want to own one, and I'd love a small agouti bun with medium large ears - I like buns with medium large ears! :lol:

My favourite breed always happens to be whatever I have at the moment, and the one I have at home is the best example of it. This means I am quite lucky: I live with the most elegant rex in the world, the cutest lionhead, the most 'perfect' black-and-tan, and the most expressive slightly-overweight-cross-breed.

In the past I have lived with the most characterful New Zealand White in the world, and the most cuddly, intelligent and 'best pet' harlequin rabbit. Frankly, I pity you all, as (most of) you have not had the great good luck to meet my wonderful rabbits.

That is my dispassionate view, anyway.

I used to have nethies and thought they were so cute, but I confess to being totally hooked on French lops - one extreme to the other :love:

Mini rex/standard rex all the way :D

But I won't get another one for a while, I miss Berri too much and I think onother rex will make it harder.

I have recently fallen in love with lionheads too, I'd like a pair of them next. Someday I really really want a black Japanese Harlequin Giant, that is my ambition!

I love Netherland dwarfs too.

Up-eared are my faves in general athough Athena was a "personality" I just prefer the look of up ears.

Next short hair - too much hair everywhere as it is between me, two dogs and two short-haired rabbits - plus I would worry I wasn't keeping them groomed/clean enough especially in summer for flies.

After those initial preferences I love giants and rexes but don't think I will get another rex again, I have had two and I just don't want to "replace" them if you know what I mean, although velveteens have a certain appeal even though lopped. I still could see myself getting another giant but not for a while yet.

I would love a dutch one day also would quite like a wild cross or pure wild bunny, Belgian hares are gorgeous too but for now I will only think about other bunnies if I have more success with these guys than I have had in the past.

Caz

Hmmm, have only had lionheads or a nethie cross, I don't really have much experience to say...but Lionheads are gorgeous, especially when sat outside on a sunny day and the wind gently plays with their mane :love:

I would love a rex next, still working on hubby!

Back