• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay

minilops

Alpha Buck
Does anyone else have trouble getting their buns to eat enough hay? I've ordered Poppy a sample pack, but she's not been eating much hay lately. Her teeth have been checked. I was wondering whether to cut her SS down - she has a small handful morning and night. She finished it up very quickly this morning but I don't think she's eaten much hay. Have also offered readigrass and Friendly dried grass, but she doesn't seem very interested. Has anyone used the Oxbow hay cakes?

My bridge boy was a very fussy hay eater, but he loved the Oxbow Timothy and Oxbow Oat Hay - he would tuck into these before pellets :D

I've tried the Hay Cakes with my current buns, but they seem to prefer the normal hay :?

Hi again! Have just been out to buy some Oxbow Western Timothy and she's not really interested in that either! Starting to worry now, but I did feed her a couple of SS and she wolfed them down. As I said earlier, she had her teeth checked last week, so I don't think they can be the reason. If anyone has any thoughts, I'd be glad to hear them. :D

hunnybun said:
minilops said:
I do usually buy my hay by the bale, I'm wondering if this bale is not as good.. :?

Could be that it is not so tasty this time! :wink:

I've just got a not so good bale and my buns usually love their hay - they're still munching it but not with as much enthusiasm as usual so I'm using it up by lining the floor with it :roll:

I think I'll go and get another bale, I'm just worried about her teeth. Is Science Selective good for dental wear, does anyone know? It does say on the packet that it is designed to help dental wear, but I was wondering if anyone agreed with this?

Wow I think I saw Parsnip eating hay I started putting it in his litter box and im sure I spotted him munching, I think he was eating grass too yesterday while in the garden, hopefully it will help his dodgy teeth if he keeps it up :D
Also im amazed he's using a litter tray so well I dont even put saw dust in the lower part of his hutch so its lots less messy and he does all his wees in it Not all the poos though but beggars cant be choosers :lol:

Back