PDA

View Full Version : Flopsy's nail's ripped off, help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheGaffer
19-02-2007, 09:37 PM
As if today couldn't get any worse, what with the buns fighting and everything, Flopsy's gone and ripped her nail off.

We shut them back in their dog crate to eat their tea, and about half an hour later with heard a noise, and Flopsy was racing around the dog crate like a lunatic!! Anyway she calmed down and they snuggled up and then I've noticed some fresh blood on the newspaper!

On closer inspection, it appears she's ripped her outside nail on her front left paw clean off!!!

It looks awful! I cleaned it up, and it didn't appear to be actively bleeding anymore.

Do think this warrants vet treatment tonight??

She is still eating at the mo, and she didn't appear to be in pain when I was cleaning it up, ie no wincing, pulling away or fidgeting.

Thank,

Nicola

buddabun
19-02-2007, 09:38 PM
i would suggest leaving it, please anyone feel free to correct me but jack once caught a nail and tore it and was fine after the initial shock.

try not to beat yourself up - sounds like you've had a hard day!!!!!!!

x

HS
19-02-2007, 09:41 PM
As long as it's stopped bleeding, I'm sure she'll be fine. Bobby's nail ripped off a few weeks ago, and he was fine. I kept an eye out for infection, but no problems.
Hope Flopsy's ok :D

Jack's-Jane
19-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Yes, as long as its no longer bleeding it will be fine :)

Janex

TheGaffer
19-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Thanks guys,

I feel better now, it just looked so awful :oops:

Nicola

shirtytrish
19-02-2007, 09:51 PM
AW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did have some of my bunnies paired, until just before Xmas!
I took in two lovely lady buns, theyre quite happy together, BUT I failed to separate two male friends, who got a whiff of the girls and decided to fight over them!

I ended up with poor Gromit being bitten all over!
I took him indoors and bathed his wounds every day.
I even cried over him poor thing!
His eye was swollen and horrible, I bathed that every day too, I was scared he'd lose it at one stage.
He's now a healthy happy house bunny, who's the most spoilt of the lot haha!
:)

And you'd never know he's been hurt now. :)
All my buns are seperate hutches now, and I shall be getting my girls 'done' soon.
Do you think this will be enough?
Trish.

Caz
20-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Zeus lost a nail once - caught it in the floor. I used flour to stop the bleeding and checked it for infection daily but it was fine. I rang the vet just in case and that was what he recommended - if it started to look swollen or infected I was told to take him in.

Caz

TheGaffer
20-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Thanks everyone,

It looks OK this morning and she doesn't seem bothered by it.

Nicola