• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help and advise needed...

Jacqui_UK

Alpha Buck
Ok I have a house bunny and want him to have a run permanantly attached to his cage for when I am not around as I do not trust the cat. This is the pen I have for him: Click Here.

Now here comes the problem he keeps escaping jumping out of it or kitti (the cat) jumping in it - what can I do to keep him in and kitti out I don't want him in a cage all day :( He's out for a good 10 hours a day and all weekend but I want this to work out. So please offer me good ideas!

The problem with this pen is that it is only 25 inches tall, the majority of rabbits can easily jump out of this and any cat can easily jump in. If you have a cat you really need to consider a covered run or even keeping the cat out of the room the rabbit is in. Some places do sell covers for these or even ones with higher sides which will keep the rabbit in but not the cat out.

we have a 48 inch dog crate with the 7 panels of the 8 panle run attatched! its taken 2 weeks ofr our kittens to figure out they can climb in!
they want to drink the bunnies water..and kip in the dog crate with the bunnies or without them..but if i go out its only quickly and i worry bout the buns.nope actually i rry bout the kittens..bunnies the size of bertie just roll onkittens squish!

seriously tho caged is safe..and they get freed when you get home..safer for buns..better for cat..and your sanity that way!

ive seen loads of nets that go over those sorts of pens, owuld one of those not work? the buns would soon learn they cant get out, but i dont know what the cats would do, could see them just climbing on it and watching!!!

Yeah I imagine the nets would keep a rabbit in. Probably wouldn't stop the cats trying to get in though... :? I don't know. Depends how adventurous your cats are :lol: 8) .

hi jacqui_uk
i am making the assumption you have already bought the run.
i know it isn't the best time of year but we cornered the market
in fireguards at our local (blackpool) car boots at an average
£4 a time and find them very flexible. perhaps several cable-tied
to the top would solve your problem. remember to leave one side
open for access, though.

Back