• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sleep in eye

Kezza30

Warren Veteran
Cleo one of the babies had a tiny bit of sleep looking stuff in the corner of her eye when i went in this morning and the little bit of fur around her eye is stuck together sort of as if it was wet. Is this anything to worry about :?

You can gently bathe it with cooled boiled water. If the discharge is white/yellowy that indicates infection (such as conjunctivitis) and would need antibiotic drops/ointment from your Vet.

As long as the Bun has no other symptoms such as sneezing/snotty nose or swollen puffy eyes and genitals it is likely to just be that bun just has a mild conjunctivitis.

Janex :)

Thanks Jane, it is a whiteish discharge just a little they already have suspected mites poor thing. I'll get her to the vet tommorow first thing. :D

Does White color has to be an infection? My last rabbit, had them daily, not at the corner, but mostly at the lower eyelid, it's soft, but clearly normal dirt accumulated thru out the day, and he had those daily for his entire 4.5 yr. of life. Although she died of liver cancer, but never had any problem w/ his eyes.

Having said that, Little Happy is a bit different. Al my other bunnies has the dirt at the corner of their eyes daily. Little Happy almost never did. It's mostly underneath his lower eyelid. So daily, I have to massage the upper and lower eyelid gently, so the soft white stuff come out.

mm oscar used to get it a lot..aklways being bathed and eye drops..when we got bif she kept it soo clean for him bless her..his was to do with teeth i reckon.but a mild eye infection can occur from anything..

Back