• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strange mam behaviour

Kezza30

Warren Veteran
The mam rabbit has been darting around the cage she's in and running over the babies, about 6 weeks old. She's been nudging them out her way abit although not really forcing them i would say. Is this agressive behaviour she's lying calm now and it's the first time she's done it before. Could she harm the babies this way.

Mummy bunnys need to be able to get away from the kids if she's confined they might just be doing her head in. When I had babies and mum in a cage I put a box in there she could jump up on but was too high for them and she spent quite a bit of time up there where they couldn't get to her - does she have access to a run?

No she doesn't have a run, i was expecting my sisters bf to set up his shed area and take her in but was let down :( She hasn't done it again except once and it's always on a night time. Going to get one of thos dog pens for a temp time out from the kids.

Yeah my mam said like human parents she needs space from kids :lol: Till i can get some money for the pen i've been busy bunny proofing the bathroom so she can start spending some alone time in there for peace and quite :D

Back