• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lost little Alice....

cara

Alpha Buck
Lost little Alice...

Rescued her from someone who really was not coping. Did all the right things - got her spayed and then her myxi.

Then the bonding. Nightmare. Poor Alice had two bites but vet said she was okay.

One rabbit in particular remained skittish with her, but it was improving. All three were allowed into the garden. It was a joy to see Alice doing her bunny hops.

This morning she was fine. But mid morning I commented that she did not seem well. Brought her inside and she perked up a little showing more interest in her surroundings so we put her back into the hutch, leaving her to decide whether to come out or stay in.

We decided to shop and then see how she was when we returned. I was so shocked to find she had died. All this happened within a matter of hours.

Like a lot of us - I am so guilt ridden. What if she eat something in the garden? What if she was so stressed out as the other rabbit had chased her? Would she be alive (although undoubtably unhappy) if I had left her with her previous owner?

I am so unhappy..we only had her a few weeks and now she is gone. I am so missing Alice.

Cara

Another guilt - should we have taken her sooner to the vet....was it the tough bonding I wonder. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh Honey, I'm so sorry! :cry: You cant think about 'ifs' and 'buts' now, Just grieve for her :cry: You gave her a lovely couple of weeks, she will have taken that happiness with her where-ever our babies go when this earth isnt good enough any more. Hugs Xx

we always feel guilty what ever we do!!! it's such a shame and you must not blame yourself, these sad things happen and at least she didn't seem to be in pain.

Oh I'm so sorry for your loss... I think we all feel some guilt when our buns die.. I know I did when our Molly died i thought maybe if she was not spayed on that day or that time she would still be with us :(
Try not to feel guilty buns are very good at hiding their pain :cry:

there is no greater joy than seeing a bunny freely hopping round the garden and sure, there may be stuff they shouldn't nibble but I wonder what they would prefer - those joyous moments of freedom or relative safety in confinement. I'm confident mine would choose their freedom. Please don't beat yourself up - she can't have been too stressed out by the bonding if she was binkying around. You were doing the best for her, remember the alternative.

Thank you all so much for your kind words.

People on here seem to know just the right thing to say....just need to anethetise (sp?) my heart now.

Cara x

Back