• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what do you think?

ok so i need a new run or 2. basically i want to be able to put Buzz out on the grass on occasion, stricly supervised. he has the run of our patio (about 14mx4m ) but no grass. it would be something to stick him out in for something different. its also for my expanding herd of girlie pigs. i have 6 female guineas and their currnet run is just too small. i also have a pair of boy piggies and a solo boy which have ok runs already. so, i have had a quote from someone on ebay that will give me these runs

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220082168964&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GIGANTIC-Fold...hZ012QQcategoryZ63513QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

comes with one medium hideout too.
basically they want £145 for that lot (delivered). now i know i cant make something for cheaper than that. it would also be extremely convenient to be able to store them in the shed when they arent needed.

now do you think thats good value for money?
i want that size, 2 of, fold away, and with some kind of shelter; dont think i can get that anywhere else.
i know the one with a little "hutch" built in was mentioned on here before, thought the guineas would love being able to hide in a shadey bit!

I think the second one is good value, but not the first.... partiicuarily as that sheltered area will take up quite a bit of running room :?

mandy said:
I think the second one is good value, but not the first.... partiicuarily as that sheltered area will take up quite a bit of running room :?
good point, but i dont like the guineas outside without somewhere for them to get inside in case the weather changes, so i would have to have somehting in whichever run bit enough for 6 guineas

tupperwarequeen said:
they look good, and they are nice and tall, most of the ones on ebay are only 18 inches high :D
yeah and they have lids on, my guineas like to climb out when they run out of grass so a top is a bonus. 2ft is as high as i could find, i assume thats ok for a dwarf lop for a few hours?

Ahhh I see, sorry that'll teach me not to read it all properly :lol:

2ft is a fine height for a rabbit run, but you could get away with considerably less for the piggies if you found a cheaper one as they dont really need head room.

I wouldn't pay that amount for the first one you can usually find they sell the same one for cheaper. I got that for £60 inc p+p so it's a bit more pricey and abit of ours was broken anyway. Luckily for me though my dads fixed it and is making another 8ft expansion on it anyway.

The 2nd one is better value for money i would say and theres no hutch to take up any room :D

Kezza30 said:
I wouldn't pay that amount for the first one you can usually find they sell the same one for cheaper. I got that for £60 inc p+p so it's a bit more pricey and abit of ours was broken anyway. Luckily for me though my dads fixed it and is making another 8ft expansion on it anyway.

The 2nd one is better value for money i would say and theres no hutch to take up any room :D
he sold too many at that price, he isnt letting them go for under £50 +p&p now. i was hoping to get one at that price but i was too slow.
the first had been going for about £55-£60 plus postage, the hut he's been giving away free with the second run, and the second run has been going for about £60 plus postage. postage is about £15 on each. so i suppose thats about the same as the offer he made me.
any ideas of other ones i could get?

Back