• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

soft poos still......

trance

Warren Scout
Snowball has suffered with soft poos since changing her over to pellets. She is on excell which are alot better for her, poo wise, than the P@H pellets.
She sits in her poos and ends up with dirty bum. She had a bath last night and today she is the same. :?
Getting frustrated now, the other buns are fine on the excell even little Snowie who joined us last week.
I have on order some SS and A@P. Is there one which is generally better than the other for soft poos?
Thing is she was fine on the tesco mix :?
Any advice before i go mad washing dirty bums everyday?

Just pulled this off R Rehome info

Dirty Bottoms
If you find your rabbit is producing a large amount of soft poo rather than the usual 'currents' then you may be feeding too many pellets or a pellet that is to low in fibre. Try reducing the amount of pellets and topping up the diet with more hay. Checking the nutritional information on the back of the bag, fibre should be at least 18-20%.

If you are worried about your rabbit's health or diet discuss it with a rabbit savvy vet. They will be able to advise you what is best for your particular rabbit.

hope it helps

My Twinkle suffered with a dirty bottom for a few months after I got her. Finally sorted her out by getting her onto SS and reducing the amount of pellets she had. Also changed the hay to one she loves so she is eating so much better.

Lots of hay and veg and half a handful of SS in the morning only.

Only problem I have with her now is a stained bottom!!! But hoping that will eventually go.

Just cut down on the pellets and get her more onto hay and veg. And let me know if you find anything that cleans a bottom well!!!

Back