• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beneffiting rescue to be nominated WEDNESDAY

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
nominate your rescue centres now- PM ME- the benefitting centre will be picked at random 21st feb
Rescues currently on the list

ARC
HONEYBUNNY RESCUE
BARC ran by bunnymadhouse
Elaine Tameside Manchester
Bobtails in Surrey
GBH in Kent
Bunnyhop Hotel and rescue
Ebony Eyes
eastbourne rabbit rescue
Warwick rescue (jane dexter)
sooz, rescuing buns in SHEFFIELD
Sprowston Guinea Pig Rescue
Bills rescue in Staffordshire Moorlands
The Rabbit Residence Rescue
Bursledon Bobtails
Alice Chamberlain from AJrabbit and guinea pig rescue
Dean forest rabbit haven.

Heres how it works, when we have decided the rescue (wed), collections will begin.

My thoughts are if everyone posts a small rabbit prize (eg: small bag of treats, toss-toy, brush etc) to my address by the end of march then I will make a huge hamper. (PM for my address)

Virtual tickets to win the hamper will then be sold and paid for by anyone wishing to enter (By Paypal, postal order, cheque or cash) for about £2.

The winner will recieve ALL the goodies (postage paid by MOI) and ticket proceeds to go to the rescue picked on wednesday

Please send all goodies (when the rescue is chosen)by the end of march

when the hamper is made- tickets will go on sale and the winner will be drawn from a hat.

To make this idea acceptable with Forum rules I must do the following.

1. Choose the Rescue so everyone knows where the money is going

A List of rescues is being compiled, The rescue Centres will be chosen by a random selection (out of a hat) on 21st feb. The rescues in for the draw are listed above (if anyone has a question or wants to add a new rescue then pm me). Please do not send any items until then. (to adhere to forum rules)

2. Ask the rescue how they would like the money collected e.g. would they like it sent directly to them or are they happy for you to receive it.

I am happy to act as a go between purely for ease but the rescue has the freedom to make this choice after the 21st feb.

3. Make it clear what the rules are and when the closing date is.

Closing date for Rescue nominees is 21st feb. After the rescue is chosen- the closing dte for hamper contributions is the end of march. The rules are that all gifts for the hamper are easy to post and safe for rabbits/owners to use.[/b]

I'd be willing to post you something - I think its nice that the winner gets the hamper and a rescue gets the funds, so both benefit.

Much happier with a rescue benefitting than the RSPCA/RWA.

Yey,

So thats all set then if you will help me.

Please send all small items , treats, infacol, brush wtc to be and will make a hamper.

pics will be posted of the hamper then i will sell online raffle tickets to anyone interested at £2 each

Please send all small/postable gifts (to reduce postage=more money for rescues) by the end of feb.

Wow- look forward to helping these dedicated rescuers.

thankyou all

It might be sensible to wait and see if there is anyone else that wants to take part - two items and £4 won't go very far :wink:

It might be a good idea to make it maybe until the end of march or april :D It would give more people a chance to send stuff. A lot of us just send goody bags to rescues like last week and most people prob get paid at the end of the month :lol:

Aw I wouldnt say your making a mess of it hun, its a great idea :D It just might be a bit hard to start sending things off right now. I know I would have to wait for payday :lol:

What about a rescue off here and pick a name out of a hat and they get the monies made from the raffle ?
Rescues can all pm you that would like to be involved ...

yer thats the idea- the winner gets to pick from the list of rescues-

rescues PM to be added to te list

Good idea :thumb: .. I know a lot of us have sent off goodie boxes but it wont cost that much to send a little treat and then buy a ticket ...

Back