• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should it be this easy???

capel

Warren Veteran
Are Fudge and Furby lulling Karen and me into a false sense of security? We removed the crate etc from the conservatory, Karen gave it all a good dousing with vinegar and then we put them both in and waited for all hell to break loose..and waited..and waited! Fudge spent the first 10 mins or so trying out his defused plums( :shock: ) whereas Fuby just took every opportunity to move away from him (if she could have I swear she'd have just rolled her eyes!! :roll: ). There was no nipping, growling or manic chasing. Eventually he settled down and she sloped off to explore the surrounding while he followed her about looking a bit confused. They spent time doing their own thing but we noticed that as Furby gained confidence he seemed more submissive and uncertain. Then he flopped down beside her, she nuzzled him a bit and them groomed his ears. I expect he took that as a green light because he made a half-hearted attempt at humping her again. They have eaten out of the same bowl and shortly before I left they actually had a very quick mutal groom around each other's faces( only about 30 secs or so, but it was definately grooming behaviour!) We put them together at 10.15 and I left at 1.30, so that's not bad going is it? I'm now going to be on tenterhooks in case Karen says the situation has deteriorated into WW3. I'm just waiting for photobucket to do its stuff and I'll post a piccy up of the newlyweds, and the rest I'll put in the photo section. We are aware that they may still do a bit of chasing and nipping but the signs are pretty good aren't they?
DSC01796.jpg
[/img]

Awww, they look lovely together! :love:

Fudge was with a couple of does when Elaine took him in, wasn't he? Would that make him a easier bunny to bond?

I think it sounds fab! It must be bunny love! :D

Signs are very good - sounds like you'll have a loved up couple soon :D

When we bonded Moosie and Charlie they were pretty much fine straight away - Charlie was a bit humpy at first :wink:, but a ride in the pet carrier home from the rescue seemed to do the trick, and we didn't need to seperate them at all after that :D

Signs sound very good to me too! This is pretty much how easy it was with Twix & Biscuit too. They do look lovely together!

Yes it should be that easy!!!!! Its just that we tend only to hear about problem bonds as people seek advice!

I had a PM from karen earlier saying it was going well and that they were grooming, they look very content to me :D

Awww they look happy together. Maisie, Meggie and Reuby Doos were easy to bond too, its fab when it goes like that. Well done ! lovely couple :D Keeping my fingers crossed.

Awww bless them :love: They look like they've always been together :D Can't believe it was soooo easy - no chasing or anything! you're very lucky to have such easy going bunsters :D

Some bondings are that easy, others are a little more tricky.

Sounds like they are doing well together.

Aww they make a gorgeous couple! :love: I always wonder why agoutis are so unpopular when they are so gorgeous! Same with Black and white buns!

They have been fine overnight very happy together :D
Andy checked on them twice and they were snuggled up together...

Back