• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I take Jen with me?

Morrigan1981

Mama Doe
Tomorrow we are going over to my OH's parents house in Lancs. It's about an hour and a half's drive.

We're leaving at about 1pm should be back by noon on Sunday. I had asked my friend to pop in and see Jen on Saturday evening and Sunday morning, but that was before we lost Harley :?

Now I can't decide what to do for the best - stick with the existing plan and get my friend to pop in, or to take Jen with me. Jen has been brighter today but she's still not quite herself.

It'll be about a 3hr round trip for her and she'll have to stay in the little indoor cage at my OH's parents house - is that going to be more stressful for her than staying here and having someone pop in?

She can always stay with us if you are worried Tracie. :wink:

I dont kniw what to say for the best, is your friend experienced enough to know if something is not right with her?

I think so - she has two rabbits of her own, one of who has health problems, so she's pretty sensitive to when things aren't right!

I'm not sure what to do for the best either :? I think I'd like to to keep her with me, but I'm not convinced that would really be best for her after the stressful week she has had. I might take you up on that offer!

If she comes here she can stay in the bunny room, so she will have company when Im out too.

(all be it the boys are not in too good a mood atm.)

It might take her mind off things but then it might unsettle her even more...if she came here she may as well go with you I suppose.

Really it would be best to keep her in her home environment for as little stress as possible. Are you close by Sooz? Perhaps you could pop in at a different time so she gets extra checkups?

Tam

I'd vote home. Wouldn't being around new rabbits stress her out as much as going to your oh parents would?

Hmm, now I'm even more confused :lol:

Before I came back to this thread I was going to take her with me, but actually I think now I'm going to see how things are tomorrow morning.

I've spoken to my OH and we don't have to really spend the whole day over there, just go for dinner (it's a Chinese NY eve thing - everyone has to gather at the house of the most senior family member). So actually there is no need to be gone for a whole day, we could really leave at about 3pm and be home for 11pm ish. I think he'll be a bit disappointed if we did that but he's understanding and he knows Jen is important too :love:

Besides, I have been in bed again today with this blasted cold - not even sure I fancy travelling across the Pennines for the evening! :(

Thanks for all the advice :D

Back