• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weather and Bunnies

What weather will you NOT put your bunnies out in?

• Rain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snow

• Damp

• Rain, Snow & Damp

• Rain & Snow

• Snow & Damp

• Rain & Damp

• Total voters

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
I am starting to think I am a bit harsh when it comes to not putting my buns out in the runs. They dont go out in rain, damp or snow.

Is this right or should they be OK in the wet?

Would they have somewhere to get out of the weather? If so i would guess they would choose if they wanted to be out in it?
I dont put my three out at all if its wet cos of they long fuzz and the fact they are house rabbits but if they are used to being outside it wouldnt be such a shock i guess? Plenty of people on here let their rabbits out when it snowed recently :wink:

i dont let buzz out if its wet or snowy or raining. but then i let him indoors instead. he has such a thick coat i thinkim babying him a bit and theres room for him to get out of it, but i worry!!!!

I give Jen the option but on a day like today she generally takes one look and snuggles back up in bed!

She didn't mind going out in the snow, particularly as she could have a dig in it, but Harley wasn't very keen :(

Before I attached the run I wouldn't have put the buns out if it was damp and wet.

They dont have 24 hr access so its up to me if they go out. theres shelter in the small run but I have to put a sheet over the big run.

I worry more about them standing in the damp than anything though. They went out in the snow for 15 mins while i cleaned them out and theydid enjoy digging in it but I darnet leave them out any longer.

Mabel is also very fuzzy.

I open the hutch door in the morning and if they want to go out then its up to them. If its raining they usually wont go out but if they are out and it starts raining they stay out in it??!!!

We have them in the house sometimes but its more for us than them, we like to see them hopping about in the lounge and up and down the stairs :D

So for me the buns go out rain, shine, sleet or snow!

Mine are out in all weathers so I didn't vote!
So long as they are healthy bunnies and have shelter if they want it I dont see the problem :D Even when its awful you can guarantee my two are sitting out grazing still!

I should add that I dont have a lawn, my runs are on slab paving, which is why the damp bothers me.

Mine go out when they like!! Weather doesnt seem to make any difference to when they like to go out.

Run is attached to hutch and is on pavement so has access from 7am till around 7pm at night at the moment.

I couldn't vote for any of them because my buns never go outside full stop. They're purely indoor bunsters :D

Mine have access 24/7 whatever the weather. They pretty much ignore wind/rain/snow though they tend to sit under the sheltered area more if it's wet.

About a third of their run is covered by the hutch above so they have a dry area if they want.

Tam

I haven't voted - Mine are aloud out in all weathers and tend to choose to go out in all weathers too (although they do have a huge tarpaulin over their run which protects them from the worst of it). The only weather they're not keen on is high winds. If they do go out when it's windy then they just keep their ears flat. :lol:

Back