• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free Ad Bunnies

Was just looking on Free Ads a sec ago as ive just seen the topic in the rabbits in need section...

and im shocked at how many french lops there are 'for sale.' :shock: These are big rabbits and need more than your average 'pet shop' size hutch. I would love to know who these breeders are selling them to!!!!! :evil:

i was in a garden centre that sells pets the other day, and they had a list of reccommended hutch sizes and approx adult bun sizes. they said a french lop grows to about 14inches and needs a 4ftx2ft hutch :shock: :shock: :shock:
they did say that giant would need 8ftx4ft though, so i think it was an unintentional error. next time im in there im going to drag someone round to sort it but i was in a hurry at the time!

Angie65 said:
There's a lot on RR now too, that are giants :(

My fave is Eva in Nottingham :love:
she is gorgeous isnt she!
it is so worrying with the really big breeds becoming more popular, but the hutch sizes are still too small for the little breeds, i dread ot imagine what people intend to put the giants in. when i wanted to get a rabbit this time round my parents wanted to get a giant or a french lop. we looked about for large dog kennels and stuff because even with a big enough hutch you would have to climb in to clean it out, and you would never move it because it would be too heavy, so i am sticking wiht my little dwarf lop. until i move out and can get a shed anyway!!!

I have 2 French Lops and they sleep in a dog crate ( great dane size ), which is in corner of lounge. It is great space wize, but a bit of a pain to clean. Preferable to a small wooden hutch though and the buns love it as they can see all around them and keep an eye on us of an evening :lol: :lol:

There do seem to be a lot of giants around at the moment. I have 6 Contys, 3 French lops and two other hooge girlies :?

And that dratted woman from Bunnyland that was has encouraged breeders and buyers even more now getting on the tele with her poor rabbit :cry: :x
These rabbits are too much for many people. The French Lop we took in today has dreadful skin trouble because his people couldn't handle him :cry:

doorkeeper said:
There do seem to be a lot of giants around at the moment. I have 6 Contys, 3 French lops and two other hooge girlies :?

And that dratted woman from Bunnyland that was has encouraged breeders and buyers even more now getting on the tele with her poor rabbit :cry: :x
These rabbits are too much for many people. The French Lop we took in today has dreadful skin trouble because his people couldn't handle him :cry:

Yes..and I can just imagine that in about 6 months from now all you wonderful rescues will be picking up the fallout as a result of all the media atention she's been getting!

Back