• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Joey is getting neutered right now!!

Fayeloicia

Warren Scout
I feel like I've betrayed him! The vet had to literally drag him out of his carrier to give him a quick once-over check!!

Going to the doctors myself in a min to get my ears looked at, everyone says I'm deaf! :?

I was hoping to go to a few rescue centres today to look at possible suitors (lol) for Joey, but it depends what time I finish at the doctors. I've got to ring the vets at around 2:30pm to check if he's OK to pick him up.

Oh, and I have a question! When I was signing a form explaining the procedure, yadda yadda yadda, one of them was asking if I'd like to have a blood test done for Joey just to check for complications before he went under. But it was £100!! I said no, but I feel really bad now. If I had known about the blood test when I phoned to book him in, I would've said yes and saved the money, but now I feel I've let him down because I opted out of this. I was just wondering if other vets offer this service, and if I chose the wrong option by opting out of Joey having it??

Awww, I was stood wringing my hands in the vets, I'm so worried for him! :(

Awww i am sure Joey will be fine.
I don,t think there is any need for a blood test.Never heard of that before.
Hope you go on ok at the docs.
Please update us on Joey :D

Hi

Blood tests are generally offered to older rabits, over 5 years, incase of an unknown medical problem which may be affected by the anaesthetic. There is no need for them in younger rabbits.

Hope that puts your mind at rest.

Sooz X

Just phoned the vets, he's fine!! :) Going to pick him up in an hour.

And the doctors said there's nothing visibly wrong with my ears too! :D She said if it becomes a problem they will refer me on for a hearing test. It's only everyone else that tells me I've got a hearing problem though when I can't hear them, ha ha!

HE'S BACK!!!! :D

And you know what? He's like the rabbit I took to the vets! He's all perky and happy! I thought he'd be a bit groggy but he's totally fine! Just smells a bit like antiseptic.

Gotta go back in 2 weeks for a check-up.

Back