• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help! - Chewing

Gem81

Warren Scout
Please can someone suggest a sucessful method to prevent buns from chewing things they shouldn't?! Weetabix has a great taste for the run and their new playhouse. I have tried 'Chew Stoppa', lemon juice, vinegar, soap! Nothing works he still chews it!

They both have numerous toys and lots of wood chews and the like. He only seems to do it when he's in the run and I'm outside or when they've just been locked in the playhouse, so it's possibly an attention thing, or that he wants to get out and run in the garden!

It's totally ruining their run though, part of it has almost disappeared and I can't afford another at the minute, especially if it's just going to get chewed again.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thank you :)

Corner protectors/guards from a DIY shop are good for wooden edges on runs/hutches etc.

You can also put strips of wood over the favourite chew area and replace the strips as they wear so the orginal parts don't get chewed on.

Tam

Thanks Tamsin, I was thinking about getting some sort of protector like plastic or rubber, but was worried in case he continued to chew those too and they harmed him!

Putting strips of wood on is a good idea, thanks :thumb:

Back