• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is my rabbits breed??

dani

Young Bun
Hi there,

I am very new to the whole rabbit owning experience and have been trying to identify my new friends breed.

When I bought Elliott the lady said he was an English Lop - however his ears stand upright. I don't know if that disqualifies him from the 'Lop' breed but no photos I can find of other rabbits look like him...

Can anyone help?

elliotttw6.jpg

I'm afraid you were misled if told he's an english lop..they have very long ears that drag on the floor

he looks like a cross breed to me..but a very cute one! :D
how old is he and what's he called?

Definately not an English lop, they have ears so long they step on them, and they are large rabbits. He looks like a dwarf lop mix to me. Very cute!

Hello

Lop ear rabbits hang down - I'm not sure what breed he is though. What's his fur like? If it's really velvetly he's a rex but you can try to find his breed on Google. Try typing: ' rabbit breed photos ' and hopefully you'll find a pic that looks like him/her : :)

He's got very soft fur, not as soft as a rex and also not as short.

I've tried googling rabbit images dozens of times and can never find an exact match so I guess he must be a cross breed of sorts.

I thought I'd been swizzed the more I thought about his non-lopping ears :p

But he is a cutey, his name is Elliott and he's coming up to 5 months old. I better go and make sure he isn't causing hell in the living room actually! Thanks for your help every one :)

Hi Dani,

I would suggest weighing him to get an idea. That may give you a bit more of an idea. He does look a lot like a Netherlands Dwarf, but maybe a bit bigger, I can't really tell from the pic.

Their full grown weight is around 2lb or 900grams.

If he's larger than that he may be a nethie cross.

Back