• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ebony eyes-Urgent appeal-please help

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
Hi all
I have just been on EE website and seen this appeal. i know how they hate to ask for help so i thought i would post this on their behalf:

Fencing and Garden Appeal

Is anyone able to help us raise £4,000? I know it's an awful lot but we have been battered with the winds this winter and have lost a lot of fencing, damage has been done to other fencing and the trees and large bushes are now dangerous This means that we can't let the buns out in the garden as it's now unsafe

Due to our disablities we are finding it more and more difficult to do the hedges which are now as big as trees It gets worse and worse each year and now that the winds have gotten to them they are totally unsafe! We are not able to even put any fencing up by ourselves, again, due to our disabilities and the time factor involved

We have quite a large garden and what we would love to do is have the whole thing fenced off with proper fencing, not this waney lap stuff that keeps breaking It's costing more to repair the blooming stuff and replace it so good fencing would be ideal, would not rot the way the other has and would be a lot safer for the buns We have to remove trees and large bushes and this would have to be a professional job.

We would also like to make six 8ft by 20ft runs for the buns - this would also leave lots of garden for the others to run around in and for those who cannot really walk so we could still sit outside with them while they lay on blankets and get some sun on their bones We also have two buns in foster at the moment and need to build another bunny house with large run attached for them. The quicker we can get this done the quicker they can come home to Ebony-Eyes

We have had some quotes through and the one man that we would really love to do the work has quoted us about £4,000 - which I know seems such a lot but when you think that they will remove the trees and bushes, will put them in a couple of skips and get rid of them - they will also do all the proper fencing, build the huge runs, build another bunny-house and large run as well as lay some flags in the new runs The garden would be such a safe haven for the buns to play out in on nice days and they would have so much to do in the big runs as well as see so many of the others that they don't normally see We would be able to have most of the buns playing out on nice days which would give them lots of fresh air and exercise plus, we would be able to sit out with the buns who can't walk and watch them all playing

If you can help in any way then please contact me at jaypot@btinternet.com and let us know what you can do. Can you do a boot sale for us? An attic sale or garage sale? One lady who is fostering the two buns for us is talking about having her long hair shaved off!!!! Can you get your hubby to be waxed for donations? Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated John and I don't want anything - all we want is for the Hairy Mob to be safe and happy and what more could they ask for than a garden that is private, safe and full of fun things to do? Please, please help if you can

ebony eyes -appeal

We could start fund-raising on here :) perhaps make a list on anyone who would be willing to donate either money or their time to do car boots etc.
If you are interested in helping out stick your name on the list :)
mant blessings to you all for looking :)

Re: ebony eyes -appeal

rabshan said:
We could start fund-raising on here :) perhaps make a list on anyone who would be willing to donate either money or their time to do car boots etc.
If you are interested in helping out stick your name on the list :)
mant blessings to you all for looking :)

Hiya have moved thread to fund raising section for you.
Please remember that many rescues need support and donations, aswell as Ebony Eyes :) :)
Best wishes

well I've had a huge clear out!!! well over due. so my mum has kindly offered to sell it for me and the money will go to the appeal.

i am also having a clear out of stock (as i run Bunny Creations)including some lovely bunny cards, art prints, fridge magnets and other lovely bits. they are all brand new and would be perfect for anyone to sell to raise money for this appeal of for other rescue centres to raise money for themselves at open days, car boots ect!
I am doing a mixed pack for just £10 plus £2.50 p&p and there is at least £50 worth of stock in each pack!!!! what a great profit! I will give all proceeds to the appeal. So please Pm if you are interested.

I have a small silver/ garnet ring (really nice) but does not fit my fat finger anymore. I could auction it on this site or would it be better on Ebay?

Will need to find out what size the ring is first.

Rabswood

Rabswood, that's as a lovely idea! It might be easier to do it on Ebay if you have an account and post the link here, you might get more bidders that way. I was a,lso thinking of auctioning something this way too!

The packs have sold very well!! 8 packs so far! £80 for the appeal!!
I have some lovely guinea pigs items too if anyone would like a piggy pack to raise funds for their piggy rescues!

Thank you sooo much - how wonderful :D :D :D We are totally amazed at the support we are getting - it's absolutely wonderful :D :D

rabswood said:
I have a small silver/ garnet ring (really nice) but does not fit my fat finger anymore. I could auction it on this site or would it be better on Ebay?

Will need to find out what size the ring is first.

Rabswood

I've got a load of stuff I shall be auctions off as well :)

Lovely Celtic necklace and a lovely silver Clown necklace :)

BUNNY PACKS NOW SOLD OUT!!!!! :eek: i HAVE 1 PIGGY PACK LEFT IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN THAT!
i HAVE NO STOCK LEFT!!!!! THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS PURCHASE ONE! i HAVE SOLD 10 SO THATS £100 FOR THE APPEAL!!!
i WILL TRY AND START A NEW THREAD WERE WE CAN PUT DETAILS OF ITEMS WE ARE AUCTIONING. i WILL BE PUTTING A LOVELY LOP BUNNY PLATE ON eBAY LATER TODAY!
THANKS EVERYBUNNY! :D

This is the ring (to tight for my little finger now)

Ringfingercropmed.gif

Ringmed.gif

Ive looked on the internet to be able to put a size to it. It's smaller than J which is the smallest size on the Beaverbrooks ring size guide I downloaded.

But I have requested from another site a set of plastic ring size thingies, just have to wait for it to arrive in the post.

I've had the ring about 22 years. I wore it in my younger slimmer days :lol:

Will put it on Ebay when I have a size.

Rabs

The ring measuring thing has still not arrived in the post. I will take the ring to Argos, they must have a ring guage thing there as they have a jewellry counter.

Rabs

Ring fetched £13.50 on Ebay which I will be sending to Ebony Eyes once I receive buyers cheque and it has cleared.

Rabs :D

Back