• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just passed home check...

Laurz

Warren Scout
...and I'm really excited!!

You may have read that I lost my princess Lucy last week. Well, I'm finally feeling positive today because I've just passed a home check and will be going to have a look at potential boyfriends for Puppy on Saturday :love:

Puppy has been looking lost and I can't wait to see her happy again!

I do feel a bit jaded though when I think that some people might see it as me trying to replace Lucy.

Have any of you been in this situation? It's new to me.

Aw Im sorry about Lucy :cry: I dont think anyone on here is going to think your replacing her though

It is exciting though isnt it! I passed my homecheck on Monday and went and collected my new boy and I am so happy :D

I'm feeling a bit guilty for feeling excited.

It is exciting though - the thought of getting to know and love a brand new bun is the ABSOLUTE best thing in the world, I think!

I think people deal in different ways and whatever feels right to you is okay. I don't think your replacing her, I expect you already know you can't do that. You can offer another bun a good home though and hopefully cheer up Puppy at the sametime :)

You will never forget Lucy, and your next bun will be different. Don't feel bad about being exciting, i am sure Lucy would want you and Puppy to be happy! And congrats on passing home check!x

Thanks so much guys. It's really reassuring to hear that people understand. I know I will never replace Lucy and I will never try to. She was unique!

I htink in this situation, you have to think of your existing bunny. Bobby looked so depressed and lonely after Nougat went to the bridge, we brought Ruby home the following week.
Well done on passing the homecheck, and I'm sure Puppy will be delighted with her new friend.

I'm sure no-one will think you are replacing her. You are doing a good thing, making your other bun happier!

I know how sad my buns get when their partners are away at the vets so know that I would have to find them a friend if anything happened.

Well done on the home check-I know from friends that these can sometimes have surprising results. I'm expecting one in a couple of weeks and although I'm confident that all my buns are well cared for Im nervous anyway-how silly I am! :oops:

Back