• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At last, a fabulous pets at home

I visited the new Winchester store on my way back from my filling at the dentist, was feeling a bit poohy and needed some animal retail therapy :) Anyway, 4 gorgeous buns, in two pairs, with hay, water lots of space and tunnels to hide in. Pigs in separate cages, again hay, igloos to hide in and water.
Walk round the corner, and to my surprise and utter delight, a rehoming corner, with one bun, 2 pigs and 2 blind degus who all need a new home. There is info about them all and their needs, and info about how rewarding rehoming can be!!!! :D
I am so pleased, I let the staff know when I paid for my bits and the lady said she thinks all new stores are having this now and eventually they will put it in the older ones too. I feel this is really good news and that maybe this is the light at the end of the tunnel?!
The store was lovely, clean, fresh and obviously healthy animals, I made sure I complimented the staff on all this as i left. If you are near winch, i recommend a visit!! 8) x Jess

i hate pets at home with a passion. i used to work there, in (hull) and i no how much they dont care for there animals.. i'll never buy anything from there again!! grrrr lol

That's good news, as I've said before the Blackburn P@H isn't too bad at all, the rabbits have large enclosures and all look well cared for. Compared to some of the petshops around us it's like pet heaven

Hope it soon comes to Norwich P@H. When i went in recently i found they had a giant rabbit.. cant remember what type now... in what was the chinchilla cage :( All the rabbits and guinea pigs are still together :(

Diddeen said:
Hope it soon comes to Norwich P@H. When i went in recently i found they had a giant rabbit.. cant remember what type now... in what was the chinchilla cage :( All the rabbits and guinea pigs are still together :(

Do you mean the chipmunk aviary?

I heard that they are gradually refitting all the stores with the new setup, but it'll take a fair while before they get round them all.

feeling_the_wrath_already said:
Diddeen said:

Do you mean the chipmunk aviary?

I heard that they are gradually refitting all the stores with the new setup, but it'll take a fair while before they get round them all.

Yeah the bit built onto the back of the rabbit enclosure, next to all the hamsters and gerbils bit. The big bunny was so nervous everytime someone walked upto the window it jumped to the corner :(

Yup they have raised some valid points. Some negatives and some positives. I guess time will tell. But like they say, i believe it is a step in the right direction. and if it is their own stock they are getting back surely it shows some level of accepting responsibility. And also one person said there were 3 netherland bucks in the winch branch they weren't there today so hopefully that means they were actually rehomed. It is easy to by cynical and critical, perhaps working with P@H instead of against them would be more effective??? Perhaps writing to head office and suggesting rabbit rehome site??? The lady at winch said they work closely with the local rescues too. sorry am waffling!! x :lol:

I was suprised by a pet shop today too! The one thing I forgot to get Beau was food bowls :roll: so I had to pop into a pet shop that sells animals because its the only one close enough to get to in my lunch hour. Anyway I went to check on the bunnies and a guy working there came over and very quietly told me I should really rescue a bunny rather than buy one from the shop. I told him I had just rescued a bunny and was only checking they had hay and he was like oh right :lol:

But he said he gives advice on rescue bunnies to anyone that comes in and looks at the baby buns in the shop but said not many people listen to him :( But that nobody has told the owner of the shop what he is doing yet :D

sillyrabbit said:
I was suprised by a pet shop today too! The one thing I forgot to get Beau was food bowls :roll: so I had to pop into a pet shop that sells animals because its the only one close enough to get to in my lunch hour. Anyway I went to check on the bunnies and a guy working there came over and very quietly told me I should really rescue a bunny rather than buy one from the shop. I told him I had just rescued a bunny and was only checking they had hay and he was like oh right :lol:

But he said he gives advice on rescue bunnies to anyone that comes in and looks at the baby buns in the shop but said not many people listen to him :( But that nobody has told the owner of the shop what he is doing yet :D

Good for him :lol:

Back