• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Guinea pig!!!!

I want some piggies they are so cute ...Are they okay to live outdoors ?
I have a hutch and run and was wondering if that would be suitable for 2 piggies ?

No, they are not fine to live outdoors in the winter. Summer yes, winter no. Our climate does not suit them, it is far too damp. They need to be indoors or at least in a shed from Nov until April.

mine survied winter and they were fine, i covered the hucthes with many hutch snuggles, they had bales of hay in the bedroom compatment and everything :?

Wow! i LOVE the white chap-he'd have ALOT of fun with my lady pigs I am sure! :lol: They look like they are having a great time! My two haven't come in for a bit since Buggles got behind the fireplace and we had to take it off, only outside runs until we get that sorted!!

Karen I've had pigs for about 20 years living outside-not the same ones! and they have always been fine as long as lots straw/hay, covers on hutch and someone to snuggle up to. However I am down south and it may be different in other parts of the country..

My little Rikku popcorns like that, and she's a rex piggie so she's extra gorgeous! :love:

It's great to see your piggies so happy!

AMETHYST

Back