• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When will he "calm" down!!

Bonniebunny

Warren Scout
Hi I got my lovely little lop bun from a rescue centre several weeks ago and they had already had him neutered. However, he is a real sweetie and shows no aggression at all, BUT he is still spraying everywhere my rug is ruined and he still humming and trying to hump my female. When if ever does this behaviour stop?

I usually have girl buns, and haven't had a boy for many years. I don't remember my other bun spraying after being neutered! Oh dear hope he stops soon before everything in my living room is covered in yellow spray!!!

xx

Oh dear... I'm suddenly very grateful that all of my boys came to me ready neutered! :lol:

I've heard that it can take up to six weeks for bucks' hormones to settle down after neutering :( Fingers crossed your little lad calms down before then! x

I've got the same problems with Zeb who was done 1 1/2 weeks ago - he was a humming, humping & spraying nightmare before and he is again. We got a respite of 2 days while he was sulking after the op.

Last night he sprayed me 4 times and somehow he manages to twist 360 degrees in the process, ruining all the paintwork in our brand new house :(

I'm hoping and praying that he will calm down in the next 4-6 weeks - if not, I may be leaving home :lol:

I think if it were me the spraying humping bun would be living in deluxe accommodation OUTSIDE :lol: :lol:

kayjay said:
I think if it were me the spraying humping bun would be living in deluxe accommodation OUTSIDE :lol: :lol:

Mopping the walls is just part of the bun-room clean now :lol:

:lol: HaHa, glad I'm not the only one with yellow walls and furniture!!

It is a relief to think that he might only be like this for a few weeks, but an absolute nightmare if it never dies down!!!

Sarah, I think I may have to leave home too!! My husband has not noticed anything yet as I quickly clean it up before he notices, but there is the smell too......

Angie, I agree, cleaning up after him is part of the routine now, but I hope he doesn't take after your cracker!!

Thanks for the replies, I will keep my fingers crossed this fruity little lovebun will curb his desires in the next few weeks!!

Well, my two boys are quite good in this respect. They are outdoor buns but both use litter trays for peeing indoors and Gasket usually does all his poops in his tray. Taps is a bit naughty, does a few poos outside of his tray but not pees, but its not really his fault because he has decided his preferred place is by our door so I keep having to move his tray when ever anyone comes in.

Gasket does occasionally hump Taps and humm a bit but I think thats more of a dominance thing. They both groom each other a lot and seem to get on fine in all other respects.

Hope I haven't jinxed them now! :?

Back