• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Symptoms of phantom pregnancy?????

karen&poppy

Warren Scout
Hi, for the last couple of days, Poppy hasn't been eating quite as much food as she usually would although she's been eating plenty of veg and hay and i came out to see her this morning and she's pulled out lots of fur in the bed compartment of her hutch. Is there anything i can do? She's being moody and won't let me pick her up to see where the hair is being pulled from and i dont want to force her to be picked up incase i stress her out so i haven't. Help!

Hello :)

I assume Poppy is not spayed and that there is no chance what-so-ever that she is pregnant?
Spaying will be the best thing to get done then Poppy wont be such a slave to her hormones :roll: :lol: Also, it will protect her from Uterine Infections and cancer.

Janex

i think it'll just be a phase (that's what Zelda did and a week later she was fine) but i would reccomend spaying as it will ereadicate these phases for life and save her from urine cancer and other illnesses.

The day before I had Tinkerbell spayed, she built the mother of all nests in the cupboard under the sink! Sooo much hay and fur!

I think the only answer is to get her spayed :D

Kate x

yeah i really do want to get her spayed i guess im being selfish cos im scared i'l lose her! should i just leave her to it then for the time being until i do get her spayed?

Yep, just leave her to it basically :D

I was very scared to about having the girls spayed, but it wasn't half as bad as I was imagining!

Kate x

As has been said speying will make her a lot happier as she will do it several times a year and be quite grumpy with you. It's not the serious op it used to be as vets are a lot more bunny savvy these days and anesthetics are a lot better too.

Back