• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the dreaded bonding - i really need help!

at the moment we have 5 single bunnies

Bracken doesnt really like other rabbits but we were aware of this when we took her from rescue and she seems happy as a single.

gus & lola are kind of semi-bonded - they share a room but have a divider down the middle as lola wont tolerate any bunny in her space and has hurt gus badly in the past :( . they do groom each other through the bars and will snuggle up together occasionally in the living room until lola decides to take over. i've no intention of trying them with other bunnies as i cant bear to seperate them and lola is quite dangerous when there is food involved

we've also got frida and zeb. both have now been done and i want to bond them - at the mo zeb is in our room and frida is sharing with bracken with a divider

i'm terrified of bonding though - frida was horribly tempered until she was done (vet found ovarian cysts which caused a permanent kind of bunny pmt) and she's still quite feisty. she's not a big rabbit thankfully (we though she was a french x but were wrong) but neither is zeb and he's quite wimpy.

i really need some help - any advice appreciated. i dont really have a neutral area in the house apart from the bathroom so will use that.

also if anyone in the barnsley area wants to help me out i would be more grateful than you'll ever know! i am rubbish at bonding!!!!!

i really want this pairing to work as i dont want frida and zeb to be single but im not sure we can accomodate another 2 rabbits in the house and still have our own room :lol:

thanks

sarah :)

You can come use my house it you want :D

But I'm in middle of decorating, so just wait til I've found out why the walls are trying to electrocute me :lol: My buns are confined to their rooms at present

Good luck with your bonding. A neutral place will really help, and make sure you throughly clean out their areas before putting them back. Also I have found having favourite treats helps, as they can be distracted by them :lol: Expect fur pulling, chasing and the odd humping, that is normal. I tend to let my buns get on with it and havent had a prob yet!! Like I say good luck, and keep us posted x Jess

Back