• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run has wet patches ok for them to be in it??

bunnies

Alpha Buck
We have had a lot of rain today and in the run their is a few wet patches, they don`t want to be locked in the shed tonight so I have left them running in and out of the run. Their is a upvc cover which I put on before the rain which covers the top and sides, but their must be some holes in the roof.

DSC_8461.jpg

Am worried they will get wet feet!!!! will it matter to them if they do??

Paranoid is what my hubby is calling :lol: :lol: downstairs.

Mandy

My run is always accessible to the rabbits and also gets the odd wet patch.

I don't think it bothers them at all. When I let them have free run of the garden they will always go on the grass when it's wet.

Kate x

Great run ! All my buns have 24/7 access to runs and they always are outside, rain, wind and snow. :lol: :lol: I think they like roughing it :oops:

Holly would kill me if i took her away from her run :roll: so in the rain and snow she is out there loving every minute of it. Even in the storm we had a few weeks ago she was sitting in the run being blown about instead of going in her hutch....now that brought back memories of the babies and Dougal :cry:

My rabbits sit out in the rain, they actually seem to enjoy it!
They will be fine if they are outdoor buns anyway, they are used to the temperature and a little damp paws and tum won't hurt them. They will clean themselves up and snugle when they are ready :D

The run is 5 x 3ft it came with another hutch years ago, just screwed it to the shed and they have loads of room.

Mine have enclosures which are not all covered over, and they prefer to sit in the rain than in the sheltered part. as for wet feet, well, Bobby is always ploughing through the water bowl :roll: :lol:

Bless you. My buns love the rain and will find the only uncovered spot and sit in it the donuts! They'll be fine, they'll just wash their feet if they get wet.

Back