• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reassurance please

jessiebuns

Warren Scout
Hi, I feel mixed, on the one hand I would love another bun for me and for Porridge, but maybe he does'nt really need one. The lady who is bonding my baby :cry: just rang and said its not brilliant. Laila keeps running up to him and nipping, there has been some fur lost and he does'nt seem interested at all. To think of him away from home is awful, I just want him back :cry: There's no real damage just nipping but I thought that was normal. She's giving it a few more days, you never know, they could be in love tomorrow! But what am I putting him through?? He's so teeny. I need reasurring bonding stories please. Sorry, your proably thinking what is she going on about--my beloved Poridge-the-banana-bun has gone off to be bonded, he is missing home like mad, but is a bit better. He does'nt seem interested in new girly, she on the other hand is loving being a house bun, running about etc, after being outside at the rescue. I don't want to force this-bonding-but I think it needs time obviously. Another few days. But maybe its not meant to be, maybe wrong rabbit-(but she's lovely) or wrong time. I want whats best for Porridge, but also gutted if does'nt work out because I so wanted to give this bunny a forever home-one less sitting in a rescue. But the lady has bonding experience so it will be up to her to say its working or not I suppose.

Hello, it may take a couple of weeks for them to settle down with each other. Sylvia chased Oli at first, it took a week or so for them to get to like one another and then at least another week before we could comfortably leave them together alone. A bit of nipping and chasing is normal, I'm sure they will get to like each other soon. ht

When Molly and Piper first met, Molly lost quite a bit of bum fur! :oops:

But now she really loves him...
Picture013.jpg

Thanks for that. I was quite excited yesterday and was sure it was right, but now not so sure. What a difference a day makes!! Maybe I worry too much?? :oops:

Gorgeous buns by the way. Thats what I want, 2 loverbuns!!

I think the main worry for me is he's just not here. I don't know what he's doing etc. Maybe I should have introduced the new bun here at home, somewhere neutral but at least he'd be able to sleep in his own bed at night!!!

Don't fret yet! This is Bobby and Ruby at first

DSCN0544.jpg

DSCN0554.jpg

DSCN0532.jpg

and this is them now.

DSCN0155.jpg

Hope it goes well for Porridge.

They really are gorgeous buns. Good luck with the bonding.. if it works it will be so worth it as there's no lovelier sight than 2 loved up buns :D

Thats what keeps me going, the thought of 2 happy bunsters. Oh well, early days. I'll keep you posted if thats ok :)

I have just been through the same - "what am I doing to my poor, once-was-happy bunny?". He was the spoilt King of the House, then some usurpers came in and he was MOST unhappy. Chased them all, tried to hump them, fought one of them quite badly, and looked at me with horrified eyes saying "I'M the rabbit - what do you want all these for?".

That was LAST week. Now he LOVES them all - lies there in regal state while two other rabbits groom him. He is never bored, as there is always somebody else hopping by in a manner that suggests she MAY have found a tasty snack that he needs to go and steal from her. He was getting ever so slightly porky, which I expect to melt away now he has so many friends to hop around after. I have only ever had absolute NIGHTMARE bondings before and one love-at-firs-sight; this is the first time I have had a fight/hump/squabble situation turn into good friends, but now I would say DEFINITELY worth it. Hang in there!

Thankyou all so much for your replies. It really helps so much to talk to others that are going/gone through simular situations. I feel so much better. Apparentley they both seem better this morning. Anyway, I don't know what I'm whinging about--I'm not the one taken out of his home and placed with a strange, bouncy female with big ears!! :D

Ohmygod, just read this back and you'd think I had something really serious to worry about, not just bunnys making friends :oops:

ask anyone i was a nervous wreck when bonding my two - but i am so happy i did. They are so much in love and its wonderful to see.

Sue
xx

Mine chased each other round for ages, fur pulling humping general hating each other now...

inlove.jpg

watching telly together!
Roxy likes to tuck herself underneath Barney's big floppy ears.

When Sooz first tried Harley with Jenny, Jen chased him constantly and at one point, even tried to dig on his head :oops: They settled down within about 24hrs though and after a week they were the most loved up buns you could wish for :D Good luck x

Rabbits are highly social animals which really want to be with other rabbits, but not all rabbits get on. In my experience it is extremely dependant on the personalities of the two rabbits.

Some rabbits are love at first sight, others may take a couple of weeks to love each other, some may just tolerate each other and others dislike each other on sight!! Bit like people really!

When we bond rabbits (we bond on average two pairs a week) we carefully watch the rabbits body language. Yes a little nipping is normal, but if one rabbit is being particularly agressive we try another rabbit. We discus this with the owner first but most just want their rabbit to be happy and are quite happy to let us try with any other rabbit.

It may not work out with the first rabbit you try, but they may just not be compatable, try a different female. I assume they are, but both rabbits are neutered/spayed aren't they?

When you see him properly loved up you will not know why you were ever concerned you were doing the right thing.

Back