• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nose-pointing

Fayeloicia

Warren Scout
When your bun is on the ground, and you move something near them, or put your hand on the floor near them to get their attention, does your bun sort of nose-point? It's hard to explain, if I can get Joey's attention by tapping my hand on the floor, he kind of shoots forward, ears back, and looks like he's checking something out nose first!

Shame I haven't got any batteries in the camera, otherwise I'd take a photo or video to show what I mean!

He also does this right before he attacks me for trying to pick him up, so I assume the whole nose pointing thing is his way of saying he doesn't like what I'm doing?

Fayeloicia said:
He also does this right before he attacks me for trying to pick him up, so I assume the whole nose pointing thing is his way of saying he doesn't like what I'm doing?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sounds like one of my bunnies.

It could be that he wants you to rub his nose. Next time he does it rub his nose and see if he enjoys it :D

bunnies are blind close up visionwise..it could be hes startled and trying to figure out thwtas going on..thus either nosey bun or bun who attacks!
mm ears back forward lunge..if the tails up or out tooo..RUN!! :lol:

yup try the nosey rub..they love it and end up withtheir chinson the floor in bliss!

It sounds like the defensive pose they take on when they think there may be danger; the head goes down nearer to the floor but with the nose up, ears go flat down and tail will come up. Could be that you have startled him and just need to approach more slowly. If he a bit territorial generally? Could also be due to bad eye sight.

my bunny pushes everything with her nose......I presumed it was because she was scenting it or wanting/demanding a nose rub. Once I started rubbing her nose she lays flat on the floor half rolled over and purr's :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back