• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Despondent

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
......at how the 'Rabbit Care' Section is becoming quite aggressive. If I were a newbie browsing the Forum I'd be too timid to post

Just an observation.................

Janex

I never really read or post in rabbit care, its always the same questions over and over again :oops: :oops: :oops:

Lizzie said:
Crumbs! Kayjay, I don't come on here very often but you sound like teacher at school! :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I had a look down the care section but couldn't see what you mean Jane - I know some posts do become heated like breeders v rescues and petshops etc but haven't noticed it in the care bits.

Sorry if I sounded bossy, I was rushing for dinner :oops:

My own view is that people sometimes assume the worst, rather than just answering the questions/issues at hand.

I can understand people wanting to help the bunnies but, at the end of the day, we are talking to humans here, not the bunnies.

It's important that if you see a thread going a little off-topic in a bad way you let us know and then we can steer it back on course :) Don't be afraid to get in touch - we don't mind :)

Tam

I still class myself as fairly new and I do think twice about posting things.

Surely if people are on this forum then they care a lot about their rabbits. I came on here to learn as much as I can from more expierienced owners.

I accept I have made mistakes and I accept things can always be improved. I appreciate friendly, helpful advice and would not want my thread turned into an attack on me. I would always offer advice to people if I thought I could help and I wouldnt immediately jump to conclusions.

This forum would be PERFECT if we could all just agree to be polite and friendly and helpful.

I agree with you Jane, I feel a lot of people recently have been dictating their opinions. People come here looking for advice, but are being told what to do instead. The idea of advice is that we suggest an alternative, not tell someone that what they are doing is wrong. At the end of the day we are all learning all the time, and people should be a little more open-minded and ask a few more questions before slating people for the way they keep their rabbits. At the end of the day, if you are on here then you have to care about your pet, but if I was a new newbie, (instead of a couple of months newbie) I dont think I would bother. People seem quick to judge and dictate. Sorry but its just an observation I have made. x Jess

Also, as we know, there are many people on this forum, including myself, who suffer from depression and other mental illnesses and tbh if a thread turned into an attack on me I'd take it very personally and don't know if I would cope with it as well as someone who could shrug it off.

I think it's such a shame as I feel many RU members are now my friends (and some are :D ) and a few members seem to be out to be controversial. For me RU is a fun place to be and I don't want to spend it arguing :(

I agree with you Jane, I feel a lot of people recently have been dictating their opinions. People come here looking for advice, but are being told what to do instead. The idea of advice is that we suggest an alternative, not tell someone that what they are doing is wrong. At the end of the day we are all learning all the time, and people should be a little more open-minded and ask a few more questions before slating people for the way they keep their rabbits. At the end of the day, if you are on here then you have to care about your pet, but if I was a new newbie, (instead of a couple of months newbie) I dont think I would bother. People seem quick to judge and dictate. Sorry but its just an observation I have made. x Jess

I agree that there are members who jump the gun or over react, it really isn't productive to jump on people. It will only end in a rabbits owner not getting the advice they need in the long term and the rabbit the person is supossedly protecting will possibly suffer the consequences, because as others have said, people will not continue to ask advice...

In fact having just caught up with another post, where i defended a member, who then proceeded to attack another member, i think i may leave the forum for a bit. really cant take all the nastiness. I thought this was about caring for buns but it seems a few people want to turn it into a dictatorship. To be honest i enjoyed this forum when i first joined but the past couple of weeks the tone has really changed. shame. x Jess

buttons&thumper said:
In fact having just caught up with another post, where i defended a member, who then proceeded to attack another member, i think i may leave the forum for a bit. really cant take all the nastiness. I thought this was about caring for buns but it seems a few people want to turn it into a dictatorship. To be honest i enjoyed this forum when i first joined but the past couple of weeks the tone has really changed. shame. x Jess

It would really be a shame if you left Jess, it would mean they win.

Well maybe we can all work at turning things around :) I know I can sometimes post first and engage brain later :oops: but I mean well and am really quite harmless :lol:
Maybe we could all try to think how our posts may be perceived and also try not to lynch people who may be looking to us for help and advice :)

Blimey, if you lot knew half the mistakes I have made as I learn about Rabbits..... :oops: :roll:

Lets all try and support each other and exchange ideas and information. Our Buns will benefit far more that way :D

Janex

I agree , i couldnt believe the way that post was going, and i did feel sorry for the person, i thought the cage looked really good. I, as a breeder, will not be liked by some people on here, but i do understand why. But to be be ctitisized how she was , just for taking the time to show pictures of how she kept her rabbit was just awful.The person who replied probably didnt realise how bad she sounded, so everyone should maybe be a bit more tactful in their replies.Everyone would probably love a shed with a 10ft run for their rabbit but its not always possible and that doesnt make the way we keep are pets wrong. As fairly new on here i havent shown any pictures of my lovely bunnies or their accomadation, but at the moment i dont think id dare.

Back