• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just ordered BIG bunny housing !

Steph

Warren Veteran
Had to share this with you all. I thought I had ordered another large hutch but my email didnt get there, good job I checked. Well surfing last night I came across a great site. I decided for the same money or thereabouts, that I have been saving up I could get much larger accommodation. The top stable door will be open all the time apart from after dark and I can chose whether to have the bottom one open or just the bunny door.

Ive ordered a 10ft long by 6ft wide dog kennel with run. There are stable doors to the housing and the company are putting in the flap Ive pictured for me, at no extra charge. They are also going to add a bedding shelf at 2ft high with a ramp, so I can utilise the 6ft by 4ft housing better for buns. The welded wire mesh which Im having smaller is going right down to the bottom of the wood in the run to prevent chewing ! The housing area will be 4ft long by 6ft wide and the run area 6ft by 6ft. Its big enough for me not to have to bend down to get in to both the bedding area and run !

Im quite lucky as the company is about 30 miles away and will deliver for free and they are only charging me £30 to erect it. I think its a great buy and VERY big. I havent decided who is going in it, as I have big hutches for all of them Coming one day next week. Ooo Im excited and cant wait to orgainse it Any idea will be much appreciated :D

Front view - mine is 6ft wide

kennel.jpg

Side view - I wont have cat flap

loglap_hilton_3.jpg

The bunny flap - Im having the stable door, not posh one like this !

catflapdoor.jpg

Mine is the same size as the one you've ordered - they are fab :D

We're still working on levels, both on the outside and inside, and they have their little table outside :oops: , which Moosie likes to sit under, and Charlie likes to sit on top of :lol:

We also got a window added to the enclosure section, which only cost £10 extra :wink:

shed6.jpg

And a closer one of the stable door (and two unimpressed bunsters :wink: )

shed7.jpg

wow, those are great, where are they from and how much roughly? i could do with one fod buzz (then space for me to have a friend when i move out) and dad was loking for something like that as an avery.

whiskyscruffles said:
wow, those are great, where are they from and how much roughly? i could do with one fod buzz (then space for me to have a friend when i move out) and dad was loking for something like that as an avery.

Mine was £400 from a local company - they built it, delivered it and put it up for that price :D

They didn't advertise dog kennels, but I found a picture on the web that I wanted, and they said they would do it :D It was all for my hubby who didn't like crouching down to clean out the playhouse they originally had :lol:

That is fab, I wish my dad was well enough as he used to build his own averies and rabbit sheds (he used to breed them :roll: ). Need to start saving I think.....

Thanks everyone ! Lynn do you have a hutch in your housing bit ? Cant wait to put things in it now. :D Ive paid around £485 for it and think its well worth it. :D

Chloe I really dont know :oops: :oops: Guy said it could be a holiday home for buns :lol: :lol: Im having to persuade him a little about more right now. :shock: :D

Yes Chloe you can visit anytime ! :D Ahem Im having a problem getting one more bunny right now :D never mind 4 :oops: :lol: :D

Think Ill have to make some home made cookies and cakes that always works a treat :wink:

Kayjay they really are awesome bunnies. Hows your run building going ? I think those buns have your name on them :D :wink:

Back