• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honest opinions on this hutch please

I think the hutch and run look well made and good quality but I'd be concerned about the height of it, unless the rabbit in question is small... 18" isn't tall enough for medium buns to stand up and look around. I have a small run for MJ and Pippa and it's just not tall enough so I'm currently looking for a big run.

I think it's a shame that manufacturers can't just make hutches and runs routinely taller and deeper.

A larger run attached to the two teir hutch or a playhouse/shed would probably be much better. :wink:

I have had a hutch similar to that one and they are pretty useless, sorry, just not enough height, or room to move in the hutch area. Try finding a retired joiner to build one for you. :wink: I have recently found a guy who builds stables, he is going to make me hutches with the off cuts, a 6x2x2 will be under £100 :wink:

Lavender Lodge is a good size from P@H and you could build a run around it, I'm planning on doing something like that

or check out happyhutch on ebay, their 6ft hutch/run is £110

The hutch and run really is not big enough. For the amount of work, time and money you will need to put into it to make it suitable you would be much better off going for a shed with attached run.

OK thanks guys.

I was just trying to get a bargain really cos it looks like its gonna end under £50. I can never get a proper feel for how big these things are by just dimensions.

I'm not in any rush cos the weather's not warm enough yet.

i might ask my dad very nicely to make one. If I ask him now it might be ready for when I need it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He invariably takes his time at any DIY type tasks. :roll:

Nicola

Back