• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outside run

pschlute

Young Bun
I am going to rehome my bunnies in a converted playhouse with an outside run. They are a Dutch cross and a Netherlands Dwarf.

II can site the run on either the lawn or on concrete/stone slabs. know from a safety angle it will be easier on the concrete (no burrowing in or out), but what will the bunnies prefer to play on? Do they prefer to play on grass?

also when it rains the grass will get muddy- although concrete is not as comfortable- it makes more sense and is an all round good surface

try the slab idea though. have the best of both

My rabbits prefer grass but MJ digs out very quickly so unless he's supervised I can't leave them on grass. You could bury some wire underneath the grass so they can't dig very deep.

I have all my hutch/runs on concret for safety - and also easy to clean and keeps the nails short. But I also put them out in runs on the grass everyday (weather permitting!) so I think I get the best of both worlds :D

Thanks for your replies. I think i will try half and half and see how they get on. I will sink some wire to prevent burrowing.

Back