• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving house with bunnies

TheGaffer

Mama Doe
We are moving house prob end march early april time, don't have a completion date yet.

Whats the easiest way to move our 5 buns on the day? I don't want them to end up cooped up in carriers for hours.

I'm just having a brain block and can't picture how the best way is to do it. I think we will be hiring a self drive van so may end up doing a couple of trips anyway.

has anyone got any tips??

Nicola

If they are in hutches then could you take them the day before, if not then quickley set up an area ie small bed or bathroom and firmly lock the door and put a no entry note on.
ps if your in Doncaster I can help

If you're moving within Sheffield, I'd be happy to care for them while you move and you can then come and pick them up once you have everything at the new place.

I put some of mine into indoor cages, moved their hutches the day before then just moved them in the cages on the day and their hutches were all ready for them to go straight in when we got there. One of the hutches was too big to fit in the van on the day before so we moved them actually inside the hutch in the van (OUR van - not the removals van!!) and they were fine - it was really heacy so didn't move around in the back.

Thanks,

They are all indoor buns. Moonshine and Flopsy have a dog crate, which can be easily folded. Smudge and Dudley just have a smaller indoor cage as a retreat. Billy has a 2 tier hutch.

I might take you up on that offer Morrigan1981. We are moving from Lower Walkley to Foxhill/Wadsley Bridge, so not far :lol: It will just be nice to own our own house!!!

Nicola

My bunnies were decamped to my parents for the weekend. We moved out on a Friday, spent that night with thwe in-laws then moved into our new place (3 hours away) the next day. Then my parents brought them up with them when they came on the Sunday. They had temporary indoor cages for that time. My dad then built my new hutch and run from scratch that day and they went into it the same evening!

Caz

Mine went on holiday to my dad's for a couple of weeks, and we drove them down in their hutches in the back of a self-drive van. Definitely the best way, as we didn't get the keys to the house until 4.30pm, so would have been a major stress any other way.

Back