• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vets!!

Miloe's_Mum

Alpha Buck
I took Alfie to the vets last night - for all the use it was! He said apart from him being a bit shy, he was fine :?

Now i know i should have said something at the time, but i was so fuming i just had to leave, but i am worried that Alfie isnt well. He's eating and drinking fine, but his tummy is still gurgling and he just seems 'depressed'.

I did tell the vet this, and he kind of gave him a check over and said he was fine, just needed time to settle in! I have made another appt for tonight as i want him checking over properly, but i called the vets this morning to see which vet it would be, and its the same as last night.

Shall i just be firm with the vet and tell him i'm concerned? Our vet seems, well, docile and doesnt like handling bunnies much. I used to see a female vet there who was brilliant, but she's not working tonight and i really dont want to leave Alfie any longer.

Any advice??

if he is eating and pooing fine I would keep a close eye on him and wait for the other vet to be on duty.

JMO

Shiv

I'd go back to the Vet and say that you were not happy with yesterdays consultation
Say that you are concerned that Alfie may have tummy pain and that you are aware of how Rabbits hide their illnesses. You dont have to be confrontational with the Vet but just say that you did not feel reasured yesterday and that you are concerned about your Rabbit.

Janex

Thanks Jane, i will do. I feel terrible for carting Alfie back to the vets, he hates it in his carrier. This time, i will get answers!

Ruth81 said:
Thanks Jane, i will do. I feel terrible for carting Alfie back to the vets, he hates it in his carrier. This time, i will get answers!

Its also important that the Vet realises he has an unhappy client. If you dont tell him he wont know :wink:

Janex

Back