• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Think Norman Has Cancer-U/D-X-RAY DONE

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
OMG I really cant cope with much more :cry:
Norman, my little Himmie Rex has lost weight despite a healthy appetite. He now has increased respiration rate and an elevated head when at rest. I have seen the exact picture before with the late Huckle-Bunny Finn. He was found to have a Thymoma (tumour in his chest) Norman is on antibiotics to rule out infection and anti-inflammatories. He is very bright within himself, just as Finn was right up til his death. Norman is probably no more than a year old.

THIS IS NOT FARE................. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Janex

Oh Jane :cry: You are so, so strong .. you can take this. Huge Hugs to You & The little Man. :cry: Here if you need me, Becki X

Jane I am so sorry to hear Norman is unwell and you suspect Cancer :( :( Please dont give up hope you dont know for sure :wink:
I know all the emotions you are running through right now though, as I went through this with our Beloved Milton Angora who had a growth in his Lung :(
In fact we have a bunny here at the moment with the exact same symptoms as Norman, and having the same treatment. I hate having to wait and see what happens next :? :?
These bunnies bring so much joy, and absolute heartache at times, but I truly believe it is not how long a bunny lives for that matters so much, as to how brightly they shine. Every bunny priviledged enough to share his or her life with you is blessed.
Hoping Normans illness proves to be something he can recover fully from, but if not, you are giving him a great quality of life each and every day, so please dont get too downhearted(easier said than done I know).
Lots of love
Adele

oh no Jane, I am really sorry to hear this. Like Becki said you can and will get through this (a bit like people constantly asking how I cope with my son's medical conditions, I just do!), you will "just do" as well. The wonderful members of this board will rally around, like they always do.

Sending lots of positive vibes and nose rubs for Norman, hugs for you

Thank you everyone. If I had never seen this before I would probably not be so pesimistic as in himself Norman appears to be fine. But sadly all clinical symptoms tell a very different story...... :cry:

Jane x

Norman

Jane,

I'm so very, very sorry - I so hope that it isn't what you fear. Please keep us updated on Norman.

Kind thoughts from Sue

Jane, I am so sorry to hear this. I lost my gorgeous boy charlie to a tumour in his chest (i didn't know it was that until after he was gone :cry:). You have been through so much lately, sending vibes to you and the gorgeous norman.

:( Oh Jane im soo sorry to hear this..it isnt fair so many bunnies so much pain...

there are so many here with buns with cancer and dying of diseases thattheyve beenvacinated against..its such a shame.
I am keeping fingers crossed for you thats its an infection..but as you say..youve seen this before. Once youve witnessed something like this you never forget and never seem to be wrong sadly..but hey theres always a first time.
((((HUGS))))

I have had another long chat with Christobel. We are also including Panacur in Norm's drug regime now as, although a rare presentation, EC can effect the heart and lungs and we want to cover all bases. In himself Norman remains very bight and active. Yet his resps at rest are 216 bpm :shock: with a H/R of 154 bpm :?
We are seeing Christobel tomorrow......................

:? :cry: :?

Janex

Back