• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noisey house rabbits!!

Kim_w

Mama Doe
My two rabbits live in my bedroom and wake us up through out the night and it is starting to drive us mad!!!
They have free run of my room 24/7 and at night time the rounite seems to be:
Go to bed
Get woken up by Bailey scratching in there cage
I lock them out of there cage with litter tray food and water etc
get woken up again by bailey pulling my cds out of the cd rack
I lock them in there cage
etc etc etc!!!
(in between all this rupert keeps jumping on the bed!!)

Has anybody got any advice about how I can keep them quiet at night???
They have lots of toys and hay. Rupert was really good when he lived on his own and even stayed asleep if we had a lie in but oh no Bailey doesnt need to sleep at night and this morning she made as much noise as she could until we had to get up, then went to sleep under my bed!!!!!

I still live with my mum so cant put them in the spare room and we are buying a 1 bed flat so again they will have to be in our room!!!!!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz We need sleep!!!!! :lol: :lol:

A pen might be best, my bun is in my room at the mo and his digging was driving us nuts so he's on towels in a puppy pen, he used to rattle a cage but doesn't rattle this. Only problem is getting his jingle all off him!

a puppy pen is the best i agree they dont rattle or chew the bars they have too many!! And yes take away their noisey toys bfore bed!
Youll still get woken up by the loud jumps into the litter pans tho!
During the flooded lounge clean up i had ertie n bif freeraming my bedroom but theres not much floor space for bertei so i ended upleaving my bedroom dorr open so he could have the landing and hop along to nikkis bedroom for visits..him n bif sounded like aherd of elephants chasing each other and lolopping arouund..next dorr wondered what the hell was going on at 2am in the mornings.. :oops:

bertie btw is a frenchie!

My buns sleep and potter most of the day, but are active during the early hours. Thankfully they are not in my bedroom and have the rest of the house :lol:

They do have a puppy crate!!!!
For the last 2 nights we have locked them in at night and they have been a lot better!!!! :D :D :D :D
We'd rather not have to shut them in at all but we do need sleep!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back