• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My persian cats

Justine

Mama Doe
Thought I would post this to save me from hijacking Jills thread any further.

Misty is my 11 year old persian cat who I took in last year. She was never groomed enough with her previous owner to be able to get used to it. She will not let a brush, comb or scissors anywhere near her without lashing out. I have never seen such a vicious cat before.

The vet charged £94 last time she was shaved. That was discribed on the bill as "a simple 10 minute shave". They shaved patches off her where the matts were but when i got her home I found they had missed some so when I took her back the next week they completely shaved her free of charge. I wanted her completely shaved in the first place to let all of the fur grow back nicely together.

animals002.jpg

animals013.jpg

animals011.jpg

misty003.jpg

Then there is Blue who is 8. I have had him since he was 6 months old. He was the last one in the litter that nobody seemed to want. After we got him home and took him to the vet, we found out he had ringworm. :shock: :shock: :twisted:

He loves to be groomed and comes running if he sees the comb in your hand. He's really good having a shower too.

cats001.jpg

blue004.jpg

blueandflip002.jpg

blue001.jpg

Awww sorry you can't have one. :cry: They are so loving and loyal. They will always give a cuddle and they talk all the time. I have conversations with Blue. :lol: :lol: :lol:

lovely Cats, particularly like the blue/cream, old fashioned type. I had a blue myself, I still have a brown tabby Persian here, would you like to see a pic?
Dawn.

Awwwwwwwwww :D They are gorgeous! I fostered a persian for a long time and then she was rehomed, however it was only afterwards that the 'nice' people became the wrong people and the have dissapeared of the face of the earth with her, I hope shes ok :cry:
We do so many Persian dematts at work, it drives me crazy! I wish people would give proper consideration to the needs involved in a coat like the Persians :roll: There are of course the genuine people who have rescued neglected ones like yourself or a truly nasty cat but most are people who just think its easier to allow them to get into a mess and clip them twice a year :roll:

Awwww Dawn, Schnapps is gorgeous. :love: So pretty :love:

I prefer the old fashioned persians but I couldn't leave Blue where he was. He was kept in a cage which was about 3ft x 3ft with other older cats and a very overfull litter tray. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Back