• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sleeping compartment used as the toilet??

Fayeloicia

Warren Scout
So, ever since I had Joey from when he was a kit, he has ALWAYS used his sleeping area in his hutch, ie the part where you can't see in, as his toilet! Instead, he much prefers chilling in front of the mesh, where it's cold and draughty!

Just wondered if this was normal, and that if was any cause for concern. I suppose if Joey really wanted to get warm, he would go to his sleeping compartment, but you never know!

I've even bought him a SnuggleSafe for the cold weather, but he doesn't seem interested in that either!!

Don`t worry, all my bunnies do the same! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I`ve decided they just like their privacy when it comes to `natures call! :? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Su.x

Yup! Most of mine do that. None of them sit/ sleep in the compartment for very long. I think it's because they're nosey! If you think he needs a bit more shelter, you could try putting a hay rack up on the mesh, then he has a little more shelter if he wants it.

yep my dillion does that as well cos he's a nosy parker likes to see whats going on but ava is the other way round she uses the front bit for weeing in and keeps her bedroom real clean. (thats when she uses her hutch tends to spend most of her time in with dillion)

I thought ours was strange since I made his bed area extra cosy and warm and fully insulated he doesnt go in, and now the hutch huggers on every night he sleeps right across the front door :roll:

All of mine use the bedroom as a toilet, I think it's cos they tend to toilet where they eat and they sit in there munching hay :roll: Having said that 3 of Jill's are very good and I only have to clear their bedrooms out once a week as they use downstairs! :D

My old two outdoor bunnies used to do that so in the end I filled the bedroom bit with shavings and put extra hay in the daytime bit x

Back