• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedding for long haired rabbits

Kezza30

Warren Veteran
Poppy the whitish rabbit in my sig has the longest fur of them all and has always got bits of straw and pieces of poo which i brush out stuck in her fur. Is there a bedding i can use that won't tend to be stuck to her all the time but would also keep my outdoor bun warm in winter including them when they go out :?

a wood based cat litter could also be used. the pelets should stick or act as curlers and its absorbant. if nothing else it might be a good choice for the poo box

I use Vetbed for Scarlett. And I fill up the closed of bit of the hutch with hay so she can keep warm, but I make sure I brush any bits of hay out of her fur every morning and night. I use Megazorb in their litter tray, but I find even that still gets bits stuck in her fur. And Carefresh was also sticking to her :D

floppynzele said:
megazorb or carefresh? apparently they don't get caught up in their fur.
hope i was help :D

Megazorb is one of the worst things for getting into fur.

I have stopped using it because I was fed up with it getting trailed all over the house.

Nicola

Back