• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another new hutch (not arrived yet)

If you had a lovely big new hutch and run in your garden, would you...

• Foster?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adopt another pair (making 3 pairs)?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bunny-mad

Mama Doe
Oh dear I have just bought another new hutch (quite a big one, not yet arrived)... my intention is to foster but I have to say every time I look on RR I think, 'Maybe just another pair...' Help! You know what this means... Not at all a sensible idea but I just can't help myself!

What would you do?? h

I would foster, that way you get to meet lots of lovely buns and know that you are helping them in their quest to find a forever home. Also if you did get really attached then you could always keep them!! :lol:

I voted foster :D Once Buu is settled down with a friend we plan on getting another hutch and run and fostering. Assuming the rescue over here needs fosterers, I havent spoken to them about it yet but I will ask them when Buu goes to pick out a bunny friend :D

I voted foster but I'm not a very good foster mummy :( my 1st & only foster bun I kept :oops: I fostered Fudge 6 weeks ago & since have found out he has teeth problems so I thought the only thing I could do was give him his forever home that he deserves :D
I've just had him neauted & he's got a very pretty girlfriend waiting to bond with him :love: :love:

I think you should ask your local rescue what they need. Personally I need homes more than fosterers. If a pair blocks a rescue place for ages that is lots of rabbits that could have come and gone in the meantime. Maybe you could adopt a pair that have special needs, or who are otherwise less likely to find a home quickly.

I voted for adopting a new pair you could go for a hard to home pair or ones that have been in rescue for ages

Agree with the above.. I'd adopt a pair that had been in rescue for a long time or were hard to rehome for some other reason (i.e. a pair of older buns :D)

i think i would try to adopt a pair who have been in rescue for a long time.

there are a couple near me who have been in for 2 years and i really want them but i know i dont have the room :cry:

Jayney said:

there are a couple near me who have been in for 2 years and i really want them but i know i dont have the room :cry:

Is that Matildas sons from the peggy henderson hun? :( X

i would rescue another pair!!

Ive never really considered fostering - prob cause id end up keeping them all and after bonding with them etc i dont think i could part with them and let them go.

i couldnt part with any of mine fostered or not

beckiboo186 said:
Jayney said:

Is that Matildas sons from the peggy henderson hun? :( X

yeah i would love to have them but its just not possible at the moment, i keep hoping that somebody has adopted them but every time i look they are still there

I'd adopt a pair that other people would not consider, either with problems or just ones that get over looked and stay for months. :D

I have my own and I foster but I think if I was in your situation I would adopt a "hard to home pair" or ones that had been in rescue for a long time.

Back