• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pikas! anyone else love these little guys???

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
I know they're not rabbits - but they are lagomorphs!!! :p
I think they are the cutest little things (google image them - didn't want to break copyright by posting an image!)

Description from Wikipedia:

The name pika (archaically spelled pica) is used for any member of the Ochotonidae, a family within the order of lagomorphs, which also includes the Leporidae (rabbits and hares). One genus, Ochotona, is recognised within the family, and it includes 30 species. Pikas are also called rock rabbits or coneys. It is also known as the "whistling hare" due to its high-pitched alarm call when diving into its burrow. The pika may look like a hamster, but is actually a cousin of the rabbit. The name "pika" appears to be derived from the Tungus "piika", or perhaps from the Russian "pikat'", to squeak

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

There was a piece about them on Planet Earth (the BBC series), I have it on DVD! They are the CUTEST things ever!

Back